• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Weihrauch Made in Gerrr....what China?

It is very naive.... Would you rant about your German made car when you found out the windshield and radio were made in China

Yes I would ‘rant’ about it, because at the end of the day when it says ‘Made in Germany’ your buying it because it says ‘Made in Germany’, and taking their word for it....They don’t say ‘Made in Germany but the scope is made in China’

So yes, misleading customers is something I would rant about! Especially when you don’t find out about it until it got delivered to your door AFTER you paid for it and would have to pay $80 to ship it back.

My point here is this, to inform other people so they are not misled also....it’s a discussion forum is it not....Soon enough everything would be made in China and you’ll be the same person ranting about why you don’t have a job or why your country has gone down the drain, I for one do not want to support Chinese jobs, Chinese products or the Chinese economy

Most every product sold today have components from all over the word, good luck with your search. Things are not made here because companies wanted bigger profits, lower invest exposure and the other main reason the consumer wants everything at a lower cost from soft to hard goods. The majority may want to buy based on cost. How much is the rifle without the scope? There is no infrastructure here left for a whole list of product manufacturing, the investment is huge and the costs would be high.

Most every product sold today have components from all over the word, good luck with your search. Things are not made here because companies wanted bigger profits, lower invest exposure and the other main reason the consumer wants everything at a lower cost from soft to hard goods. The majority may want to buy based on cost. How much is the rifle without the scope? There is no infrastructure here left for a whole list of product manufacturing, the investment is huge and the costs would be high.

Yep I’d agree with you on that, but it still doesn’t take away from people like myself calling them out on it. I have products, machines etc with parts from everywhere but my main gripe is the whole scope is made in China, but under the ‘Made in Germany’ badge

Im merely letting people know, the scope is made in China, so forget the Made in Germany big tag hanging off it! I don’t believe that things can’t be made outside China at a reasonable cost, when you factor in shipping, tariffs etc! I think if enough people said, ‘enough is enough’ and avoided buying Chinese stuff then there would have to be a move from the big industries! It’s not enough to say ‘well this has got to be the way it is and everyone else is doing it’

Fenian - it doesn't sound like you are hearing a single word anyone on this thread is telling you. Joe was trying to help you out as the resident scope expert and you didn't want to hear him. It doesn't seem like you want to hear anything anyone is saying as you are stuck in your little Chinese call out loop. 

Let me state this right now - starter packages are CRAP. Do I need to spell it out again C-R-A-P.

Weihrauch is an airgun company, not a scope company. If you want to understand scopes and the cost between Chinese scopes and Japanese/EU scopes hop over to the Optics forum as there is a lot to read up on the subject. Your best bet is to do what almost everyone will do - toss the scope that comes in the package and spend some money on a decent scope (which will likely be made in Chine unless you are willing to spend over $500).

Do you realize that almost all of the worlds plastics and rubbers come from China? Do you know that we mine lead and send it to China to process? So now you better go find pellets that have lead that wasn't processed in China.

Do I support Chinese production? No, not at all. But at some point you have to realize we are in a Global Economy and there is just no avoiding it. Do you own a smart phone, a tablet or a computer? Do you have a TV? All have at least some components made in China.

Reactions: Dan25
No I hear where your coming from, I’ve listened but you haven’t listened to me, labeling it made in Germany when there was nothing made in Germany about it is my problem. The leader in plastic and rubber production has been Germany since world war 1. 
I’m just saying when there’s a glaring mislabeling of a product like that I’ll just take my business elsewhere, if that means more money no problem, because I don’t want Chinese products and don’t want to support the Chinese economy. I bought a top of the line TV, Sony, Japanese company, the first one didn’t work out of the box, the second one failed no video but sound after 8 months, the 3rd one failed after a year and a half, and I’m on my 4th one now, I finally opened it up and the parts that failed all said Made in China. 

so sometimes making something 4 times doesn’t make it cheaper to have it made in China, their quality is crap, no work ethics, and with covid just no ethics at all. And I think if we at least try minimize what we purchase from China it may make manufacturers rethink. Hard to sell items if people are not buying 

That’s all I’m saying on it.....

Almost everything these days has some kind of made in China parts in them, all electronics, a lot of mechanical parts and plastic, it's because Manufacturers are Cheap and We are Cheap and want cheap prices, but we want Quality Cheap stuff, which is an Oxymoron, some times you can't avoid buying made in China items because they are the only ones that make that product or because we don't know what's inside a particular brand product, we think we are buying Quality but turns out to be made in China, I don't want made in China also, but reality is we don't make that any more and we just have it made elsewhere CHEAP.....

Right, the gun is made in Germany, the scope is made in China...correct

My point is, every time they mention Weihrauch they ALWAYS mention

‘German quality’

’German engineering’ ‘German Precision’ ‘German Built’

They don’t say ‘....take a close look, some of our poop actually comes from China’

Dont put a German flag and ‘Made in Germany’ tag on a package that’s not actually made in Germany unless they are willing to put the Chinese flag then on the scope also and the German one on the gun...that would then be fair game
I bought a benjamin, it was not made in the USA!
But in China, even on the box, everything was perfectly copied as if it came from America.
I immediately returned it

The Gun is made in Germany , it’s simply the scope that’s made in China . The Weihrauch brand is a great brand and that’s a great rifle . It just came with a “ starter package scope”
Like he said , unless their is a "Made in China stamped on the rifle " of course then you just got scammed . Did you buy from Facebook or Craigslist ?

View attachment 108725View attachment 108736Sorry guys but I’m just not buying this ‘if it wasn’t made it China it would cost so much more’

Theres plenty of opportunities to manufacture in the EU or US at competitive costs. Parts of the EU, and I’m sure the US, have unemployment rates over 30%
There are deals to be had

Even still, you can’t label your product ‘Quality German Made’ or ‘Made in Germany’, and take decent $ for that label, when that’s simply not the case

Because then....where does it ever end! This HW30 Urban Pro isn’t about Justin making money calling it German stuff and making it in China’, it’s meant to be an entry level gun into the Weihrauch range, an introduction to the brand. Instead it’ll just make me never trust them again and buy elsewhere
It' hard to compete w/ chinese labor & manufacturing . There are so many US branded product made in china or have componets .That makes everday life affordable for the world .Do you own a Iphoe ( MADE IN
Hey guys,

So I try to buy quality stuff, I’m a big fan of US products where possible and German, FX from Sweden and just got my first Daystate from Engand

So I just bought my first Weihrauch HW30 Urban Pro....and I was very disappointed with the scope that this package comes with, it just felt off...as in not matching the gun, and cheap if I’m honest. So I go to try screw the covers back over the scope and it just won’t fit right and after a while I notice underneath it says CHINA

I honestly feel cheated and lied to, I didn’t intend to buy a Chinese rifle I intended to buy a German rifle.... I’m disgusted at companies that keep taking your American dollars for ‘German Quality’ when it’s actually Chinese crap!

I won’t be buying from them again, I’m done

I posted on this thread two years ago and I said I was very pleased with the scope that came with my HW95L Field Pro. Well after five and a half years that scope finally died. I think that is a very good run for a scope mounted on a springer.
Now I have a good excuse to try out that 3-9x Bug Buster scope thats been sitting around waiting for a turn on one of my rifles.

No I hear where your coming from, I’ve listened but you haven’t listened to me, labeling it made in Germany when there was nothing made in Germany about it is my problem. The leader in plastic and rubber production has been Germany since world war 1.
I’m just saying when there’s a glaring mislabeling of a product like that I’ll just take my business elsewhere, if that means more money no problem, because I don’t want Chinese products and don’t want to support the Chinese economy. I bought a top of the line TV, Sony, Japanese company, the first one didn’t work out of the box, the second one failed no video but sound after 8 months, the 3rd one failed after a year and a half, and I’m on my 4th one now, I finally opened it up and the parts that failed all said Made in China.

so sometimes making something 4 times doesn’t make it cheaper to have it made in China, their quality is crap, no work ethics, and with covid just no ethics at all. And I think if we at least try minimize what we purchase from China it may make manufacturers rethink. Hard to sell items if people are not buying

That’s all I’m saying on it.....
You are not going to get something you didn’t pay for and by buying a starter package you paid for and go a cheap Chinese scope. I thought it was common knowledge that package deal scopes are cheap Chinese stuff. You can get good quality for your money from Chi-NA. I just got a close out Athlon Talos BTR 4x14 first focal plane etc. $200. Is it as nice as a Night Force? Not even close but it’s not $2,700 either. American companies have to charge more because we don’t have slave labor and our environmental regs are expensive.