• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Weihrauch in the big game?

I don't know, but selfishly, I hope not. If you look at Weihrauch, Steyr, Anschutz (is there a trend there?), they make some sublime PCP rifles. Most are cylinder guns, and going to HP, big bore rifles would, IMO, really muck up some very nice designs. I have a HW100 carbine, and it's one of my favorite rifles. Putting it on steroids to be a HP, or big bore rifle, seems to forsake the company mission. They seem to be saying, "we know our market, and we provide top shelf products for it. Let others go where we have no interest". But, things change, and money talks. Twenty years ago I would never have believed that Porsche would build either a 4 door sedan or an SUV!

Think that Weihrauch is (wisely) focused on their European market share where the shooters put accuracy ahead of power. They don't seem to be too interested in the North American market and the fpe race. 

The FAC models are certainly not lacking in power (my .177 HW 100 factory tune was in the mid 900s before I truned it down and my .22 factory tune is running about 900 fps with 15.89 JSBs ) and both are very accurate - sub 1/2", 50 yard groups are common. 

The Weihrauch rifles seem to be designed specifically for .177, .20 and .22 calibers and would probably require a redesign to handle larger calibers. That being said, if they came out with a .25 HW100 (or something like it) I would definitely get one.