• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Weihrauch HW95 with Diopter Sights

Wanted a lighter weight, hard hitting 22 caliber with a diopter sight. Always shot a diopter better than a scope.

UPDATE!!!! First received a CS500 stock for my HW95. Thought to order this model first and try it with a diopter. Wasn’t certain how comfortable it was going to be considering the comb height. Didn’t really care because eventually wanted the CS500 for my HW98 anyway and the two models stocks (95 and 98) are interchangeable. Can now report that the CS500 will allow for the use of a diopter however; it is NOT very comfortable. The cheek is really rocking on the cheekbone to get a clear sight picture. Like a tight fit of cheek to stock especially for scopes but this it to tight.

UPDATE-2!!!! Did get the CS600 Tyrolean stock for the 95. The CS500 went to the 98 as planned. The 600 Tyro is tighter to my eye (was concerned about this because I have a x-large head) than my HW55 Tyro. Not as comfortable but more consistent head placement. May enlarge the saddle one day but I need to work and get familiar with it for now.

99631950-98A8-4BDC-BDEC-E4B3E45133E6.jpeg

Last edited:
WOW - what a piece of wood - really a beautiful rifle! And in my humble (and very prejudiced) opinion, the peeper is a very appropriate and elegant touch for it.

In case you need help spending money (!), an adjustable rear iris and Anschutz front globe sight would be great additions. There are a lot more inserts and other accessories out there for the Anschutz sight's 18mm tunnel, than for HW's 17mm one.

I finally addressed the issue I had with the saddle being to tight for me. I made a front sight elevator/riser. It lifted the front sight up to perfectly accommodate my head-to-stock placement. It was an easy project and if anyone wanted to raise a front sight, this is a workable solution. I made it out of a Weaver brand dovetail-to-picatinny mount. I explained the process in this link.

77CF42EA-76B9-4483-ACAD-69AC8192037F.jpeg

46FE9689-52D4-4D85-85A3-7A77894B962B.jpeg

9F14B29A-2A7E-4AA9-A7B2-9023FE380A86.jpeg

Last edited:
Bear-of-Grayling, that looks like a great idea. Did you have to crank up the elevation a lot on the rear sight after you raised the front?
Yes I did. This is what was needed in order for the stock to fit me perfectly. The rear diopter is cranked as high as it goes and is spot on at 50 yards. I won’t shoot it any further than this anyway. It’s a real pleasure to shoot a good group at 50 yards with iron sights. So the new “comfortable” diopter range is 5-50 yards. Also, it would be a simple task to lower the front sight by removing material from the mounting jaws on the riser if needed. Really don’t even notice the riser when handling the gun. I wanted it to look professional, not bungled.

Last edited:
Wanted a lighter weight, hard hitting 22 caliber with a diopter sight. Always shot a diopter better than a scope.

UPDATE!!!! First received a CS500 stock for my HW95. Thought to order this model first and try it with a diopter. Wasn’t certain how comfortable it was going to be considering the comb height. Didn’t really care because eventually wanted the CS500 for my HW98 anyway and the two models stocks (95 and 98) are interchangeable. Can now report that the CS500 will allow for the use of a diopter however; it is NOT very comfortable. The cheek is really rocking on the cheekbone to get a clear sight picture. Like a tight fit of cheek to stock especially for scopes but this it to tight.

UPDATE-2!!!! Did get the CS600 Tyrolean stock for the 95. The CS500 went to the 98 as planned. The 600 Tyro is tighter to my eye (was concerned about this because I have a x-large head) than my HW55 Tyro. Not as comfortable but more consistent head placement. May enlarge the saddle one day but I need to work and get familiar with it for now.

View attachment 298975
I know this is an older thread, but have a question. Is that standard wood. I just ordered a CS 600 for my HW77, knowing it will not get here until next year. I did not see on their site any options for different wood grades.

In the comment section you would have said “please include the select wood option” and they would have sent you an additional invoice for about $40. Since you already ordered, either call or send an email explaining what you want.
They have excellent customer service. Email them and they will make the change if they have not started production yet.

I know this is an older thread, but have a question. Is that standard wood. I just ordered a CS 600 for my HW77, knowing it will not get here until next year. I did not see on their site any options for different wood grades.
This is another old post. It will explain what to do. As said just contact them and add the ”select wood” option.

When ones does add the “select wood” option, it comes at an extra cost of about $50. CSLTD then guarantees they will cut your stock from the heart of the blank. They do not upgrade the blank. They cut from the standard blank they would have used anyway. This generally gives a heavier/denser and tighter grain piece. It’s well worth the upgrade cost. I sure they don’t make this option available in the beginning because everyone would do it. It’s a best kept secret. Good luck and show us all that beautiful new Tyrolean.