Tuning Weihrauch hw77/97 question

3mm transfer port on all calibers. The powerplant dimensions are the same, bore and stroke. 

And FYI, you won't be changing barrels. You have to cut the welds and press out the end of the breech with the barrel, then press out a hidden pin and then press out the barrel. Then after machining the whole works has to be welded back together. 

3mm transfer port on all calibers. The powerplant dimensions are the same, bore and stroke. 

And FYI, you won't be changing barrels. You have to cut the welds and press out the end of the breech with the barrel, then press out a hidden pin and then press out the barrel. Then after machining the whole works has to be welded back together. 

Ouch! I had no idea it was that complex to change a barrel on that model. You certainly want to take that into consideration when deciding on what to purchase if you plan on swapping barrels around.

Ouch! I had no idea it was that complex to change a barrel on that model. You certainly want to take that into consideration when deciding on what to purchase if you plan on swapping barrels around.

Alot of guys don't know that the barrel can't be simply pressed out, myself included until I repaired a couple with broken welds that got damaged in shipping and I happened to notice the pin. 

And that hidden pin is a bear to get out. The hole it goes into isnt drilled all the way through. So you can't tap it out until you drill a new hole in precisely the right spot to drift out the pin. 

IMG_20211224_173649674.1640389181.jpg
IMG_20211224_173638087.1640389182.jpg

The pin that goes here is why you have to cut the gun apart to change the barrels. No idea why they put the pin here. The press fit is so tight that it's completely unnecessary. But, overkill has been a pretty good formula for Weihrauch over the years. 

Just wanted to show the "why" since I have one apart. 

Thank you very much. And merry Christmas! I spent a couple 3 hours of tuning videos . My whole family are either Mechanix or machinists. My dad has a lathe and milling machine / workshop with I will need to do these things. I am reinvigorated with my new purchase and actually plan to join my local shooting range and do some competing.

I have a bunch of guns and decided to tune a couple walmart specials before I royally mess up my Weihrauch. Some of my parts won't be here till mid February anyhow. I will be crawling these forums in the meantime. Just discovered the idea of titanium piston and compression tube , Buttoning, sleeving, and its not much different than making a high performance race Car from scratch. Now I gotta figure out exactly what I plan to do with this gun and tune accordingly. Help from persons such as yourself and the guys on here is what I need. So thank you all!