• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Weihrauch HW75 Air Chamber Retaining Air After Shot

CSA

Jan 17, 2019
MI
I have a Weihrauch HW75 single stroke pneumatic pistol. It doesn’t consistently empty the air reservoir after firing. I noticed it when I release the retainer latch to load a new pellet, and there’s an air release/vacuum. Alternatively, every few shots, I can cock the hammer, pull the trigger, and release a little bit more air. So that shows there is residual air in the reservoir. It is a very inconsistent phenomenon, as I can go a dozen shots before it happens again. 

Can the firing pin (valve release) be oiled? This pistol is brand new .. was a replacement for the Beeman P1 that I returned for a defect. 

Any thoughts or hints would be appreciated. I’m hanging on to this one .. it’s a great pistol!

Here’s the schematic. Valve area circled in green. I agree with Richardo.. likely just sticking. 
1551185905_491741785c7537f1f20e41.10521623_C8F6F678-CAF8-49F0-BFD2-84B4B2B4B167.jpeg

Pyramid was very good about the return, and I appreciate the very good customer service from the tech guys and the reps. Now I have to decide what to replace it with. I’m seriously considering a Crosman 2300T. On the other hand, I can’t imagine I’d get another Weihrauch pistol with a quality problem. It’s pretty much exclusively for basement paper punching at 10 yards. HW40 maybe ... 🤔 

Any suggestions?