• The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is no longer supported in the Classified section. An airgun moderator may be included in your ad ONLY if it is "affixed" to the airgun. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

Traditional Rifle Weihrauch HW55 .177

Classified Status
SOLD

aneijko

Jun 17, 2019
NorCal, United States
See all pics – what is shown is what is being sold. Rifle has been packed and is ready to ship (busy week ahead so I used the weekend to get it ready). I won’t be able to take any additional pictures, but the pics here should provide an accurate depiction of the condition of the HW55.

San Rafael Beeman import. The online Weihrauch database lists it as being manufactured in 1982. Made in West Germany (as stamped on the barrel).

Scott S (Motorhead on this forum) went through this rifle and cleaned and relubed it. This was the first time it had ever been taken apart in its more than 40 year-long existence. Nothing (except the original grease), was replaced. All original internals and externals were reused. We decided to leave the original spring in since it still had life in it. This 55 has its original leather piston washer and breech seal in it since they were both in excellent shape (Scott did oil both). The one cosmetic imperfection is show on the rear sight mounting area - I was going to use cold blue to lightly refinish it, but decided to leave that up to someone who actually knows how to do such work.

It chronied at approx 520 fps using JSB 7.3 after Scott’s work on it. I fired it about 10 times after that, and then put it away. This power makes it perfect for UK bell target or air rifle silhouette (my initial plan for it). My plans changed, and this is now ready for the next owner to enjoy.
—---

Payment via PayPal (Friends & Family) or USPS money order. CONUS buyers only. Buyer’s complete address will be required to get an accurate shipping price from USPS.

In order to save myself time and hassle: if you say you'll buy it, then:
  • If using PayPal F&F: payment must be made within 24 hours of us communicating final price ($490 + shipping price)
  • If paying via USPS MO: tracking number of envelope containing money order must be shared within 24 hours of us communicating final price ($490 + shipping price)
Until payment or tracking number is received, this will remain listed and will be considered available to the next person who wants it once the 24 hours have passed. Apologies for any inconvenience. Make sure you want this before messaging, please.

$490 Buyer pays actual shipping. No offers, no trades (due to downsizing). If you’re in or around Sacramento, you’re welcome to pick it up in person.

Action has been separated from stock to create a more compact package for shipping, and it's ready to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: moodyblues