Weihrauch HW44 Air Pistol FAC Version

Hello everyone this is my first review post so I hope everyone enjoys it. I didn’t see a lot of reviews for the FAC version, so I thought I would share. I picked this up at Airguns’s of Arizona, again treated with great customer service, and fast free shipping. This is in no way a solicited review. 

Weihrauch HW44 Air Pistol, FAC Version

https://youtu.be/KnYtIcEYLMQ

Reactions: Coldair
Thanks for sharing your effort is well appreciated here, I would send it back for a replacement because I believe its not normal to have POI shift for the first five shots then it wanders from right to left like you stated especially if you only have 20 shots per fill and that is one expensive sporter pistol with a regulator and I can swallow if it was unregulated and just fill to a lower starting pressure OK to compensate for the bell curve. I don't understand your statement about this being the most accurate pistol you have ever shot even comparing it to PCP rifles if it wanders like that. This may sound critical but you will probably be much happier with a replacement because this is the first review I noticed this wandering shifting POI and I had some thoughts about eventually buying one in 177. It could be the regulator or ???...

If they are ALL shooting like this then I personally wouldn't buy one for half the price. I really honestly think you got a bad one based on the other reviews I researched.

I try my very best to do my due dilligence before buying a new model gun whether its a rifle or pistol.

Your post just saved a lot of readers a lot of money!

CA

I picked up the HW44 in .177 during Pyramids Black Friday sale and I've been super happy with it. The only other very high quality pistol I own is a .22 Ocelot and this pistol blow it out of the water in all respects except both have amazing accuracy. I put on a 2x pistol scope and a bipod and from 16 yards I was putting pellet on pellet. Something is definitely up with yours. Try shooting into some old shirts or something soft that won't deform the pellets and see if you see any clipping like other mentioned. 

As far as value there are not a lot of high quality PCP pistols out there and this may be the best of the bunch until you step up to competition level pistols. It's accurate, light, shoot hard for its size (ootb 8.44 gr .177 JSBs @ 810fps), amazing trigger, the magazine loading system works great, pic rails top and bottom front. I really feel this is one of, if not the best, PCP pistol available right now.

I am wondering, for other USA purchasers, if you've tried to get the moderator off? Looking at the screws it appears they're just grub screw that had a top attached to them with the screw head that sheared itself off when the screw was tightened enough. I was thinking of trying to use a dremel to cut a groove in the screw and then use a flat head to untighten, but they may have used thread lock in addition.

UPDATE: in addition to re-seating the moderator I experimented with 4 other .177 pellet types that I had and I shot the best group of 5 shots at 17 yards at 3x on the scope, putting in a group that was the size of a .22 caliber pellet. The best pellet in my HW44 is the JSB Diablo 10.34 gr. Wow this is awesome! I can't wait for the snow to stop so I can see what it can do at 25 and 50 yards. Looks like she's dialed in now.

I have had the HW 44 in .177 for two days now shot over 500 pellets through it Loves any pellet in the 7.9 grain range Crossman JSB are RWS But the10.5 grain premier not so much From 200 bar to 120 I’m getting 40 good shots not so much at first maybe it broke it self in . Sighted it in at10 yards ,At 25 yards dead on at 30 yards 1/2 inch group 40 yards 1Inch drop I give this pistol Five stars for being so quiet (Trigger) 40 shots per Fill & 41/2 half stars for The magazine takes two hands to load magazine ,safety , and a 40 yard drop Purchased this pistol at Pyramyd Air $899 -15% still expensive but I think I’ll keep it 👍

I have had the HW 44 in .177 for two days now shot over 500 pellets through it Loves any pellet in the 7.9 grain range Crossman JSB are RWS But the10.5 grain premier not so much From 200 bar to 120 I’m getting 40 good shots not so much at first maybe it broke it self in . Sighted it in at10 yards ,At 25 yards dead on at 30 yards 1/2 inch group 40 yards 1Inch drop I give this pistol Five stars for being so quiet (Trigger) 40 shots per Fill & 41/2 half stars for The magazine takes two hands to load magazine ,safety , and a 40 yard drop Purchased this pistol at Pyramyd Air $899 -15% still expensive but I think I’ll keep it
1f44d.svg

`How are you getting 40 shots on a fill? I only get a bit over 20 in .177. Have you chrono'd the 7.9 pellets? Did you loosen the hammer spring?

Chrono results for HW 44 Crossman Premier hollow points 7.9 Gr Weather conditions sunny 39° 1-644.3 5-650.3 10-656.8 15-664.8 20-667.3 25-667.3 30-677.3 35-684.6 40-697.9 JSB Diabolo 7.87 Gr 1-660.9 5-689.4 10-686.7 15-696.8 20-706.5 I can only do 20 because of the sun Interfering with my Chrono

Ahh - okay. Your's is shooting 150 fps lower than mine - is that ootb? Odd - mine is set around 805fps with 8.4gr JSBs which seems to be closer to the quoted spec.

You should refer back to Ctshooter POST on December 2 about the moderator

Yes - if you get the US version from Pyramid expect it to be permanently attached. Still trying to figure out how to get it off cleanly so I can clean the barrel. I hate having to run cleaning clothes through a moderator.