• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Weihrauch HW35 Tune Kits

I have a German Spec (7.5 joule) HW35 rifle... purchased in 1987 (born probably that same year).

Seems now more I know, the less I know. Hope to shorten up my learning curve by asking this question ... which of these three tune kits the group likes based on personal experience ...

some planning factors:
- easy of use (install)
- accessibility (I am in the US)
- outcome vs efforts

The three kits I found for consideration (please add to this list if you have another):

Kit from Germany
https://jabolo.de/Tuningkit-fuer-Weihrauch-HW35-Export-AirJoe-Premium/302507

kit from UK
https://www.airrifletuning.com/store/weihrauch-hw35-maxi-tuning-kit/

kit from US
ARH, https://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/catalog/item/251488/571324.htm

Vortek

thanks

Bob

Last edited:
Reactions: Ievgen721
I like Vortek because they’re easier to shorten. No heating up, flattening and grinding. Just cut it and throw it back in. Their seals produce a lot of power. Here’s the numbers for one of my recent tunes.

IMG_5908.png

They are unable to ship the airjoe german kit outside the EU. German law is quite strick. For some reason they are considered firearm parts.
You are mistaken, this kit from Germany up to 16J, it means (.177) 820fps (Leistung: bis zu 16 Joule). It is not subject to any restrictions in Europe or Germany.I sometimes buy air guns and spare parts in Germany, there are no problems, the US customs sometimes delays parcels for checking for about a month. Air guns with a power of more than 16J in Europe are considered firearms.

Last edited:
Reactions: MOSOSODBOB
You are mistaken, this kit from Germany up to 16J, it means (.177) 820fps (Leistung: bis zu 16 Joule). It is not subject to any restrictions in Europe or Germany.I sometimes buy air guns and spare parts in Germany, there are no problems, the US customs sometimes delays parcels for checking for about a month. Air guns with a power of more than 16J in Europe are considered firearms.
Under 20J in France are available for open sale to anyone over 18. There's a lot of 19.9J air rifles for sale in France...

when I lived in Germany, I had a Jagdscheine… no issue with purchases of any firearms or ammunition… can also store them at home… however, when I move back to the US, getting parts were a challenge… especially with delays by the US Custom … a Puma knife that went for service took almost 2 months to clear

I still have a nice 17/22 cal VFG rods (European thread) with no jags… do know a source?

Reactions: Ievgen721
I've recently installed two Vortek kits in Weihrauch rifles and I'm pleased with the results. Both installations included new Vortek moly piston seals (at additional cost) and I'm very impressed with the quality and fitment of the kits.
I am still very inexperienced with airgun systems… any specific tools and expendable supplies I need to obtain to do this job? spring compressor? special oil and grease?

Both Vortek kits I received included a small container of grease; during my installations I cleaned and de-burred the receivers prior to kit installation. The HW50S was a breeze to disassemble/reassemble mainly due to the nifty 'lug' retention design; the HW30S, with a slightly smaller receiver, is a little more challenging mainly due to the retention design which uses a very small screw to hold the end piece in the receiver. I completed both installations without a spring compressor; I did use a 3mm pin punch which made the process easier. There's plenty of excellent videos on YouTube which show the process step-by-step (I watched many before my installations). I would recommend a nice set of gunsmithing screwdrivers if you don't already have them; I have these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RZG5NY?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I also acquired hi-quality moly grease and used it in all aspects of lubrication during installation (experienced members here suggested not mixing grease(s) during kit installations). Be sure to have plenty of clean rags and a two-foot long dowel or similar (for swabbing out the receiver prior to reassembly). Experienced members here also suggested using non-chlorinated brake cleaner as a solvent for receiver cleaning; be careful to not mar or discolor the blued finish of the rifle's components during cleaning.

Last edited:
when I lived in Germany, I had a Jagdscheine… no issue with purchases of any firearms or ammunition… can also store them at home… however, when I move back to the US, getting parts were a challenge… especially with delays by the US Custom … a Puma knife that went for service took almost 2 months to clear

I still have a nice 17/22 cal VFG rods (European thread) with no jags… do know a source?
This maybe help https://www.egun.de/

Last edited:
I am still very inexperienced with airgun systems… any specific tools and expendable supplies I need to obtain to do this job? spring compressor? special oil and grease?
This makes it a lot easier. I’ve done quite a few with this one, even fixed barrels. The travel is short so 3/4 the way you will need to find a place to stick your punch in to hold the spring while you reset the clamp.

IMG_5987.png

Reactions: numbertwo
I've recently installed two Vortek kits in Weihrauch rifles and I'm pleased with the results. Both installations included new Vortek moly piston seals (at additional cost) and I'm very impressed with the quality and fitment of the kits.
thanks… was hoping for a US based supplier… I have ordered things on that site and was unable to complete the purchase

thanks… was hoping for a US based supplier… I have ordered things on that site and was unable to complete the purchase
I have been using this site for more than 10 years, without any problems. Unfortunately, the sellers there only accept swift transfers.You also need to see if the seller ships outside of Europe.

I'd go with the ARH kit. Better spring than OEM.
Not long ago I put a ARH kit in a HW35. It came out quite nice. Just a hair less power from stock but that was probably because it was dieseling quite a bit when I first got it. The ARH kits have a lot of preload. Prepare to use a spring compressor.