• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch Weihrauch hw35 "prezision" stamp

Had someone ask me about a 1965 model 35 that has "prezision" stamped on the breech block anyone have any info on this? I know it translates to "precision tool" and am assuming it's just the way hw marked their rifles for a period of time. But I have a 1957 model 35 that does not have that stamp, and a 1969 model that does not either. Just more curious then anything.....anyone know?

Correct...7.5j
It's very odd indeed!

Screenshot_20240525_190114_Facebook.jpg

Very interesting! That's a new one on me. I've seen HW 35's made in '66 and '67; HW 50's from '58 and '67; and HW 55's from '63, '65, and 67. None of them had the "Prazision" mark.

I sent this photo and question to the biggest vintage airgun expert I know: Danny Garvin, creator of the fabulous "Vintage Airguns Gallery" web site. His reply:

I haven't seen that before either. I can only speculate it was a short-lived, quickly-abandoned, scheme to incorporate 'precision' formally into the Weihrauch name?

If he hasn't seen it...you may have something pretty rare! Also striking that the marking is so much larger than the usual one. In those days HW's did not use breech shims, and the second line is so long that the "35" has been partly obscured by wear from the breech jaw.

Last edited:
Very interesting! That's a new one on me. I've seen HW 35's made in '66 and '67; HW 50's from '58 and '67; and HW 55's from '63, '65, and 67. None of them had the "Prazision" mark.

I sent this photo and question to the biggest vintage airgun expert I know: Danny Garvin, creator of the fabulous "Vintage Airguns Gallery" web site. His reply:

I haven't seen that before either. I can only speculate it was a short-lived, quickly-abandoned, scheme to incorporate 'precision' formally into the Weihrauch name?

If he hasn't seen it...you may have something pretty rare! It's striking that the marking is so much larger than the usual one. In those days HW's did not use breech shims, and the second line is so long that the "35" has been partly obscured by wear from the breech jaw.
Thanks Mike! Ilk let the guy know who owns it that it something truly unique....I myself have not seen another like it.

i believe 7j is the German limit .
The power limit in Germany is 16 J. 7.5 J is designated throughout the world by the letter F in the Pentagon. "Prazecion" stamp is probably an outdated and internal analogue only for Germany. This designation has nothing to do with match rifles, but only indicates the power of the rifle.I heard somewhere that early Waihrauchs-35 were produced with a power of 7.5J.

Last edited:
For the record: new or old HW 35's can of course shoot much harder than 7.5 joule (= 5.53 foot-pounds).

That limit - and accompanying "F in pentagon" symbol - was mandated for Germany by legislation that went into effect in January 1970. It does not apply to airguns sold before that, or those sent to foreign markets. The F indicates "frei" (= "free;" i.e., unrestricted for adult puchase), and German citizens can obtain a license for more powerful guns.

Last edited:
Interesting how these guns are marked. Mine was purchased in Germany in 1986ish. There is the “F” in a pentagon on it. Also stamped W. Germany to denote we had two Germany(s) at that time.

I have no real need to make that rifle shoot anymore powerful than where it is at the 7.5 joule. But if I did, would this particular gun have anything built in to preclude me from installing an “export” version spring kit? Just thinking how Colt made their AR15 back during the Clinton ban era of different sized pins and blocks to prevent using USGI spec BCG and fire control parts.

IMG_9292.jpeg