• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Weihrauch hw30s

A shroud is a better idea. It's more solid and easier to do right. Preferably one with baffles. Just remember with anything "slip on" that the sight grooves will have to be filed flush for it to fit correctly. If it's not concentric to the bore, it's not going to shoot well. And it needs to be solid if you are going to be using it for a cocking handle, which most do. 

I wouldn't get one threaded unless it also got chopped. And I wouldn't get one chopped unless it could be choked. I've done them all ways and they always shoot better with a choke that's done right. 

Easiest thing is just order a threaded barrel from the UK. 

I think you'll find that it doesn't make enough difference to be worth the hassle. 

The slip on 15mm Weihrauch moderator is available at Chambers and they'll ship to the US. I just ordered another one before Christmas. I have a HW30 Urban Pro with the shortened barrel and glued on mod and also have another HW30 that I placed the HW slip on mod onto. The urban pro is quiet and the other one is just as quiet with the slip on mod installed but it really makes the rifle long. Another route to consider, adding to the above suggestions is, if you must add a mod, buy a 15mm to 1/2unf adapter and add a small mod to it. The 30 is pretty quiet to start with.... 

That rifle will not benefit much if at all from a moderator. It is a sub 12 fpe spring rifle. Nearly ALL the noise the rifle makes is mechanical not muzzle blast.

Addition of a moderator will make that device the.principal grab point while cocking. That means your moderator and it's attachment will need to be exceptionally sturdy even at that power level.

IMNSHO it will be an exercise in frustration..