• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Weihrauch HW30 (Beeman R7) Drop - in Tune Kit - - Which One?

I have had both kits in my R-7,they are a little different feeling,you know how the Vortek kit works?it is a different setup.

Truthfully I am glad I have used both;Both are great,I do have JM kits in my other springers and see no reason to put any other kit in them

The Vortek kinda goes poof ,it is a different type of firing cycle...either way you can't go wrong.

I recently experimented with a Vortek PG2 kit in my HW30. The Vortek seal increased power level about 1 footpound across the board. The Vortek spring itself didn't seem to improve power, but slightly reduced twang. I finally settled on the stock sping with the Vortek seal. 

The PG3 kit has a different spring arrangement, which may bring additional improvements.

I installed the Maccari in my HW30. Probably didn’t really need it, but I wanted the “best” experience. At that power level, it was only a marginal improvement. However, when I removed the stock spring, you could tell a marked difference. The stock spring was very wobbly looking, while the JM was straight, perfect looking. I have used Vortecs in my other guns and they perform exceptionally as well. The one on my HW95 came pre installed and the cycle is a perfect thud, no twang to speak of. Same with my LGV Madter Pro. I say Any Mini Miny Mo....

The Vortek kit is designed to up the power level a little bit from stock, whereas I think the JM kit keeps it about the same - can anyone confirm this (Intenseaty?) 

I have 3 HW30's: one factory original and smooth as silk, one factory stock and a little twangy, and third that was JiPA tuned with a Vortek PG2. The Vortek is very nice, but I find it to be a little "snappier" than the stock setup - a little more of a "tuk" than a "tud" to the shot cycle. 

Personally, I don't need any extra power and plan on trying a JM kit when I get around to tuning the next one. But if you have no twang and a nice smooth shot cycle (as was the case with my first HW30), then I wouldn't change anything!

Far as I know that is right for Vortek HO/SHO which stands for high output/super high output. From everything I have read & watched, it’s not worth it, but I have never used it, so can’t say for sure. (I’m no expert, just go by what I know) 

I would go with the Stock spring or the JM. Vortek does have drop in replacement springs (not the kit) but I can’t find the power rating for them. 

They recently had their new Gas Ram springs available, but that fell through due to Covid (is what they said) Wondering how the guys that got one are still liking it? 

Go on JM website and you can see that he offers different power levels on some of the most popular springers.He built up a custom spring for me and we had great communication,I really appreciate that.I do not know if you can still talk to him,I know you can talk to one of his employees and they can help you....

Knowing what I know I can not see how a Vortek system can be more powerful than a JM power spring.....I say this because my Vortek kit has its spring inside a covering or tube,it is an old kit though.As was stated both are very good.

Another thing is get the kit,not just the spring..the kit has better seals and comes with the "tar" that quiets the spring down...the Vortek kit has its spring captivated inside a tube,it is also quiet......

Another thing many of the air gun smiths use JM springs for their tuning work.....

Another example R-7 with JM kit,really liked it ,smooth,then put a Vortek kit in it,at first I didn't like it as much,it fired different,then I got used to it,it went poof instead of the old springer thumb....it is a good kit,just different...BTW my old R-7 had well over 100,000 shots in before replacing its spring ,it was new in 1981....good spring suppliers are getting harder and harder to come by,you have to have a large order to get them to make springs to your specifications.....