Weihrauch HW30 .177 Urban Pro..anyone?

Hi guys

anyone have one of these?

im looking for an extremely quiet, low powered accurate air rifle....reason being, in surrounded by homes left, right and all at the back...I just need something that’ll kill squirrels and chipmunks in 10-35 yards, but safe such that if it ever did ricochet that it’ll be less of an issue...you know the deal

Is this ‘The Gun’ For that mission or should I consider something else like a Daystate Regal Huntsman .177?

What is the R7 version?

thanks

It is the exact same rifle made by the same company but it is imported by Beeman.

+1...Mine is an R7 only in .20, Huntington Beach era. Quiet enough I picked off the chipmunk first and while the squirrel was sitting watching him twitch, I reloaded and took him in the back of the head. Both shots a hair over 20 yards and I have no doubt I can do it at 30. The scope is a Hawke Airmax 3-9x40. Most prefer .177, personally, I'm a fan of the .20 caliber :)

1598063135_20165015605f40821f4abe13.10694694.jpg

1598063237_10613102875f408285c68ba5.87677527.jpg

Of the 163 squirrels, one rabbit, and a half dozen birds that I've eradicated as pests in my suburban home, almost half died from a precision shot from my HW30 .177 cal. That's right at 80 squirrels, anywhere from 5 yards (not many) to 35 yards (3 so far)--with 20-27 yards being the normal kill zone. The HW30 may be lower powered; but it is a laser for pest eradication. I've got a lower priced Hammer scope that works just fine. I'm able to shoot HPs, WCs, and Domed--6.9 gr up to 8.64. JSB, AA, & H&N are my favorite pellets; but, mine shoots Crosman pellets, as well. 

At 6.3 lbs (+scope), the HW30 is light enough for me to shoot off hand: that's exactly what I need. I've killed the rest with my Hammerli 850 (CO2), HW95, Crosman Nitro Venom, and Gamo Swarm Maxim (all .177). Better than power and bigger caliber is accuracy and shot placement. Once you've learned where to have the best "one shot" placement, the rest is pure satisfaction.

Arch_E

I have 1 in .177 as well & R7 DBL gold in .177 - love both guns. The Urban pro is a little quieter than the R7 DBL gold with the Silencer. But both guns aren’t loud in my opinion. Both are accurate, light weight / easy to cock and perfect for Back yard Plinking and pesting at 20-25 yards. Like everyone else has said, great little air rifles.

The HW30 Urban Pro is pretty close to perfect for my requirements: all shooting in my yard, <20 yds, targets, rats, and squirrels. It's quiet enough that I'm pretty sure my neighbors don't realize I've been shooting back there. Seems to me that it gets a little quieter the more it breaks in too. I'm upgrading the scope and mount, just waiting for all the pieces to arrive. Might get a second rifle for my wife. She thinks his and hers air rifles would be "cute."

EDIT: @Fenian based on what you've stated, I think you will be very pleased if you get one.

The laminate HW30 was an AoA only thing specially done for them. If they don't have any and aren't getting more, your only other option is a standard Hw30 and then having a custom made stock done and unfortunately, that's not a cheap thing.

AoA did list a used Walnut stock for one when I typed HW30 in the Search bar, but when I clicked to look, it said Page not found. Safest bet would be call on both the laminate version of the rifle and that used stock and see what they say.

Ok guys 

Weihrauch HW30 .177 laminate it is then for me.

Ive tried AOA, they are not in stock, anywhere else I should try? I usually buy from UA, but they don’t even do Weihrauch. Anyone else?

Also, anyone done the Vortex spring upgrade? Was it worth it and what are the changes? AOA do it but it’s $140 for the change

I have 2 HW30s from AoA both 177 and both with the $69.00 Vortek kits the first was a regular HW30s IIRC Deluxe they installed BIG BUX CHARGE when gun purchased NEW and the second was the gray laminate Urban pro was a DIY install big bucks too just because the DAMN gun cost over $500.00 not including the Vortek kit. Well it comes with an airgun Springer rated 4x32AO Weihrauch Labeled scope made in China (of course DAMN straight wouldn't be German glass!) Pretty decent scope actually for a Chinese like a BSA airgun scope but labeled Weihrauch thats 4x-5x the price (yup at least 4x-5x the price). At least it's a better scope than the crappy ones you get that break with other brands packaged Springer and Gas Ram guns.

Biggest bummer for me was the silencer doesn't seem to make much noticeable difference in quiet between both of my identicallyl tuned 177 HW30s because my other one doesn't have a silencer.

They are both real accurate shooters and in this case they are difficult to say which between these 2 are more accurate unlike other duplicate guns I own in the same calibers.

The difference between the factory straight out if the box shooting HW30s is that it seems a little loosey goosey not necessarily a bad thing the Vortek didn't make the gun more accurate it just tightened the cocking and firing cycle up how the factory should have made it to begin with. Speed seems to be the same too and I can't say for the AoA installed Kit since I never had a chance to shoot it before tune kit was installed.

I have a bunch of old Beeman R7s mostly tuned and don't know why I bought 2 more 177 HW30s to be honest aside from the stampings and stocks they look all the same. The last was the gray laminate just for the stock and expected a silent gun which it is definitely not.

I like the light weight and ease of shooting and feels like a youth gun that has more accuracy than any kid would ever need. Easy to cock and shoot all day long and doesn't seem hold sensitive people can get really spoiled shooting one of these on a daily basis. That's a bad thing. Later want to go up in power like a HW50s like I did I got the Hunter PRO DAMN expensive AGAIN!!! I have a very hard time shooting that one as accurately as compared to the HW30s. It's like I really gotta pay attention to get equally tight groups. The Beeman R9/(HW95) blue laminate with Vortek had an even worse time getting tiny groups. I was so frustrated I traded it and shoot my Chinese B26-2 which is a clone that I had a much easier time shooting that is untuned.

Oh I have a AoA Vortek HW97K in 22 with AoA HW Silencer that I have a hard time hitting stuff with too compared to my bone stock 97s. Maybe the pulse is too sharp and quick compared to the factory boiiinnnggg or kadddunnnng IDK. I oersonallybhave an easier time accurately shooting twangy factory HW guns with the HW30s as the only exceptions when it comes to HWs. I have a green laminate HW77k Vortek that I don't look forward to shooting which I have never even shot yet and bought it because of the Centennial stock. If I shoot it and hate it I trade it. Maybe gut it out and make it all stock again and keep it. 😆