• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Weihrauch HW 44 w/moderator in .177

If I really thought it was worth the money (when buying new) then I would already have bought one by now specifically in 177 because it is a multi shot. Reason I haven't bought one yet is that I own the Crosman 1701P modified to 10-11fpe and a stock Crosman 1720T which shoot with extreme precision and get more shots out of these single shot target pistols and were significantly less costly and are not all covered in plastic so it is hard to justify the cost of the new HW44 IMHO. I would probably never buy one in 22 because I have a few P-Rods already which get more shots.

CA

i have never shot it at 40 yards. i have a dot sight on mine and its not as precise as a scope. mine is a .22 cal and at 17 FPE you are most likely getting a 1 dot drop at that distance with jsb 15.89g but i can't say for sure. as for a pistol, the ataman is the most powerful i think. but it is much louder than the weihrach. 

It will be cheaper than spending $899 for an HW44. You already have a Marauder to start so at least you don't need to buy a new pistol.

The replacement drop in barrel is $170.00. You will probably look forward to shooting your P-Rod more after that upgrade and its 22 and not 177.

What I am not impressed about the HW44 is the price and also the low shot count and seen them on the classifieds for $125 less

than a new one and I still didn't consider buying it because I have a P-Rod that gets more shots and can hit things out to 100 yards.

CA

Just an update I’ve owned this pistol for six months shot over 2000 pellet through it (The second one ) The first one went back for low feet per second I was getting like 40 shots with the first one but in the low 600s new one 20 shots really accurate at 40 yards quiet I love it thinking about selling all my other air rifles keeping this one & the wildcat all I need !!!

I just got done zeroing my brand new HW44 at 25M (I use 25M zero for all my AG's) Shooting the JSB 10.34 (fav pellet for all my 1.77's) using a Burris 2-7x scope.

I am impressed with the accuracy of this pistol, I am sure if I had higher magnification my group size would be even tighter. Wanted a Leshi, but this HW44 is a keeper. 

Just a heads up Crowman, there is now a Pistol section.