Weihrauch HW 44 QC

I recently purchased an HW 44 and the outer edge of the breech looks like it’s damaged. The vendor indicated that it is normal. It certainly does not look like precision German engineering to me. Would someone take a look at their pistol an see if it has similar marring?

6F45D5EB-E67B-4833-8527-063B202CC2BF.jpeg

CB7093DB-139F-4857-A617-1D3B831A4610.jpeg

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
Agreed, BOTH the outside and the counterbore for the lead-in are seriously bad.
The lead-in, is badly chattered, like either the barrel was not tight during the machining, or the cutting tool was not tight, or the tool needed sharpening, or...was not turning fast enough.

And the outside looks like plyers or vice grips got ahold of the outside diameter. That's NOT normal either.

If you bought that gun new, I'd seriously think on returning it. You bought a...well used gun, with some hard handling.
1 - Remachine the barrel, 2 - replace the barrel, 3 - return some of your money so you can get the barrel remachined yourself, 4 - or return the whole gun.

Mike

That looks terrible. The inner edge looks like someone tried to open it up too - look at all the chatter marks in there. That's definitely not a new pistol you got there. Wanna out the vendor?
Id like to know as well so i dont use them...

Not normal. Here’s my two HW44’s and they are not damaged like that.
I’d demand a new pistol, and if they don’t agree tell them you asked here and have pictures to prove it’s not normal.
If they don’t respond correctly then post about it here.
I’d give them a chance to make it right first though.
Best of luck, they are fabulous pistols and you’ll love it.

953BF4BF-9D1F-43D7-AA71-E6229F578E76.jpeg

6EE4D930-0FCA-47E5-B8DF-1037BF08D329.jpeg

I have the HW110 - the rifle version.

That damaged breech port is not the end of the barrel - at least not on the rifle. The barrel actually screws into the breech - it is threaded.

It would be nice to find out is the damaged part that the original poster showed is removable - as it contains the breech seal O-ring. If you could remove it, it sure would make replacing that breech seal o-ring easier.

Reactions: rsfrid
Thanks to all that responded to my initial post, especially those that provided photos.
The vendor replaced my HW44 with a new one that appears to be in excellent condition. It’s concerning that I had to use this forum to this to get a favorable outcome. Had I not been a member of Airgun Nation, It appears I would have been stuck with a defective product. My only complaint at this point is I am out $38 in shipping cost for the return. They said they would include two tins of pellets to offset the shipping, but that didn’t happen.
I probably will not be purchasing from them in the future.

Thanks to all that responded to my initial post, especially those that provided photos.
The vendor replaced my HW44 with a new one that appears to be in excellent condition. It’s concerning that I had to use this forum to this to get a favorable outcome. Had I not been a member of Airgun Nation, It appears I would have been stuck with a defective product. My only complaint at this point is I am out $38 in shipping cost for the return. They said they would include two tins of pellets to offset the shipping, but that didn’t happen.
I probably will not be purchasing from them in the future.
Can we get the name so we don’t run into the same issue?