• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch Weihrauch accuracy?

With intermittent light winds shot these targets with a few of my Weihrauchs. The order was left to right starting top row. Incidentally the first group for each gun was shot cold off the rack. All five shots scoped at 25 yards. AND NO! NOT OFFHAND for all the heros out there.
Starting from top left moving right
177 Hw50, 4.53 8.44 JSB Exacts that's my squrl gun.
177 Hw30 7.33 Exact RS
Last three groups on the top row were my 20 cal R9 with 13.73 Exacts.
Second row first two groups is my 177 Hw95 with JSB 8.44 4.52. NFG.
Next three, same gun 4.51 FTTs

Last row all the same 177 Hw95 but 4.52 FTTs.

Just an accuracy cross sampling of few different Weihrauch guns for those interested. Feel free to ask questions.

Be well
Ron

20231027_164835.jpg

20231027_162319.jpg

The difference between the FTTs and JSBs in your 95 is pretty staggering. Im a little suprised to see that. I would have expected them to be pretty close
They can be closer but the JSBs vary from lot to lot. This last sleeve of 4.52 Exacts hasn't been good for this gun or most others. They appear undersized and fall out of the breech in some guns if I'm not careful. The 4.53 Exacts shoot much better in most of my guns than this last lot of 4.52 Exacts. I'm saving my few tins of 4.53s for squrls through the Hw50. In that gun they are reasonably accurate and produce almost a full pound of energy than FTTs. That gun can't afford any power loss in that application.

However some of, if not all of my best groups were shot with good tins of Exacts. FTTs are far more consistent lot to lot. Unfortunately they produce about a pound less energy than similar weight Exacts in my 177 Weihrauchs. Oddly the FTTs produce more energy and print better than JSBs in my 22 Weihrauchs.

Last edited: