• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Weighing Pellets

rguns:If you have done everything mechanical to improve the shooting cycle such as replacing the trigger with an after market and tightened all of the screws to a good snug setting, then weighing your pellets and using a repeatable hold on the rifle will definitely shrink your groups. Due to the relative slow muzzle velocity of my Trail NP XL, I limit my hunting shots to forty yards. Hits on inanimate objects are quite possible at much farther ranges. My forty yard groups, with weighed and segregated pellets, run to 5/8" or less shooting off either my rest or Bog Pod sticks. Before replacing the trigger, I was lucky to obtain groups in the one inch catagory. I hope this helps you. Please let us all know of your progress...Rik.

Hits, 5% is exactly what JSB specs are, if you find a better way of doing it, go ahead and start a new business.

what you see is a Gaussian distribution, seen everywhere in the nature.

in a working airgun, when everything works even 5% weight wont make 5% POI change, for reasons unknown. but for sure it is not only the hammer and regulator balance.

regarding Weighing Pellets, usually people resort to do this because they have a poorly performing PCP. Barrel or mechanical issues.