• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

WEIGHED A FEW MKII TODAY

Love it chuck! Ive been weighing pellets for about 2 weeks and im a firm beleiver. It absolutly works and it shows down range. Love all the work and time you have taken to show everyone else. Its work like this that will change the game for everyone else. JSB will see this eventually as more more people begin to relize how much this plays a role in accuracy. Ive already been trying to make a device that can sort and weigh pellets very quickly. Its so time consuming by hand. Group is beautiful my man my impact will do the same. I have videos on youtube showing accuracy at 50 yards after sorting pellets by weight.

You win the prize Kingquad! An all expenses paid for by you vacation to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida! ;-)

Birdslayer...glad to hear some positive feedback...one of the things that's always bothered me is if an Impact can get one inch groups at 100 yards with a .25 smooth twist barrel, why can't every fx rifle in .25 with a smooth twist barrel do the same? Assuming of course they are shooting the same pellets, and at the same velocity, with the same barrel length, etc... Bottom line? Why won't my $1000.00 and $1300.00 fx rifles shoot the same as the $2000.00 fx impact? Well both of my rifles will do that for me now that I have consistent regulators, and am shooting pellets at that 100 yard target with pellets that all weigh the same!

And thanks for acknowledging the amount of time and effort and money it takes, but I have to admit that it is a labor of love. Watching pellets go into 3/4"-1" groups at 100 yards is payment enough for everything it took to get here. Last time I shot at 100 yards I had a couple groups that 6 or 7 out of 8 shots were in 3/4", but always one or two deadly group killing flyers! So I can't wait to get back to the 100 yard range and see if I can shoot all the pellets in a mag. into little groups like that without any deadly flyers. I have to go back to work tomorrow so it may be a few weeks before I have the time.
All the best, Chuck

Chuck Chuck, you totally blew it. I was really hopefulthat you will bring this to the very end showing Points of impact changes, but you fizzed out at the chronograph.
LOL

you had your chance we had this topic multiple times here, also on different forums.

was the aim to show if the variability of weight will have major effect on the Point of impact, namely between your sorted groups!

the reason being, a lighter pellet yes can and will fly faster BUT it will also have lower BC thus it will loose speed faster and there is very little change in POI.

from what you have shown us here, i cant see any reason why i should start sorting pellets ever again.

I will try to help you with the data interpretation:
based on your over 1000 pellets sorted, with a mean value of 33.9, and standard deviation of 0.4,
one can be 99%certain that 99% of the population will lie between 32.8 and 34.9.
which is fantastic very sharp distribution. it is off a bit absolutely to the side but consistency is very good.

to put it differently, if you look here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution
what you have is like the green curve, ideally would be nice to have the blue, but then JSB would have to remelt more then half of the production so not sure if you would pay the price LOL

you must be the only guy with a PCP in the universe now that will never throw a flier right? lol I take my hat

Yeah chuck its a lot of work more tedious than anything. But all very worth it in the end. My impact is a shooter i love it. I love it so much that i bought another. Lol but after sorting and shooting at further distance the groups are unreal. Its completely crazy its so much fun!! I can send multiple pellets through a single hole at 100 yards. I recenlty bought a mtc viper pro and i dont have a way to mount my camera to it yet. When i get the equipment i will put up some videos.

I Did a lot of sorting today. I have 9000 pellets to run through i guess i did about 2000 today. I weighed some that weighed as much as 35.6 grains. Holy moly ik its pretty crazy. Its so stinkin cold outside i cant wait to get back to shooting. Tomorrow im going to try and do something. Maybe shoot some 50 yard groups sorted and non sorted. Its prolly gonna be 3 or 4 ten min sessions otherwise ill freeze up lol.

Hey Bird you are preaching to the choir brother! Watching pellets go through one hole at long range like that just never never gets old! It's just absolutely amazing! And you know bro the proof is in the pudding...

There just ain't no way that a 35.6 grain pellet is going to hit the target in the same hole as one weighing 32.8 grains! I don't have any fancy scientific equations to prove my words, all I know is what I see through the scope! As far as I'm concerned you don't need to video anything to prove anything to me or anybody else for that matter. I will gladly take you at your word and if other people are interested in this Pursuit of accuracy they can weigh some pellets and see for themselves. Whether or not other barrels will perform the same way I don't know, all I do know is that these smooth twist barrels love shooting pellets the same weight. All the best brother, Chuck

Its so great when everything comes together amd just works perfectly. For sure though man 35.6 grains absolutly will not shoot the same as 32.8 grain. Thats going to cause a flier all day long. Im the type that wants to have the most accurate gun possible. Ive done and tried so many things to get perfect accuracy that it came down to one thing. That was the pellets and sure enough thats the last part of this accuracy quest. You can get your gun tuned in to perfection but itll only get you so far. 

jimmy another member on here who weighs and sorts pellets showed me a sizing die made for the .25 pelets. You can size pellets from .249 to .256. Now the mk1 heavies skirt size is 6.70 mm +/-. The mk2 skirt size is 6.60mm +/-.
my impact will shoot the mk1 extremely well out to about 60 yards but it tends to spiral out of control beyond there. The mk2 will shoot really well without any spiraling.

My thoery is you want to find the size thats right on the threshold of spiraling them back off just a touch. Now i know 6.70 mm is to big but 6.60 mm works great. Maybe 6.65mm would be the size. Im gonna buy a sizing die next to see if i can improve upon my accuracy even more. The only problem is the sizing die only goes as high as .256 which is 6.50 mm. I would still like to try that size to see what the results are. Im gonna see if NOE can make some bigger sizes maybe.