• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Weekly 10 Meter Postal Match

As the weather gets less and less suitable for outdoor shooting and matches, I'm going to run an ongoing postal 10 meter standing, and this year, kneeling matches. It’s a good way to rouse one’s self to practice whatever one’s particular discipline is during the colder months.

This year there will be a category for scopes (any and all) and also a category for peep/iron sights.

Jackets, gloves and slings are allowed. You can shoot the card in as many increments as you want.

I suggest wad cutter pellets for cleaner (and bigger) holes and easier scoring. If you’re using dome pellets, be sure to push the pellet head into the hole for a more accurate (and better!) score. We’ll score up and not down. So for example, if any part of the pellet hole touches the next highest ring, you score it by that ring.

Honor system for scoring. This is supposed to be fun as well as incentive to practice.

Post a picture of your best card by the end of the match period (usually one week). I'll keep 4 (standing/scope, standing/peep, kneeling/scope and kneeling/peep) running tallies of the scores for that match period on the initial post.

First match ends Sunday, December 6th at midnight EST.

Here’s the link for the target: https://www.craftygeek.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/A4_10m_Air_Rifle_Target.pdf

Let the curses drifting up from the basement begin!

Chas

Standing/Scope Standing Peep/Iron

Chas 135? RAW TM1000 Sightron 10-59x60 RWS Wadcutter Slow Turtle 91  Daisy 853 peep sight

Gonzav 131 Walther LGU Sightron 10-50x60 RWS Wadcutter

Old Sparky 121 Daystate Wolverine 10x scope

Kneeling/Scope Kneeling Peep/Iron

Chas 141? RAW TM 1000 Sightron 10-50x60 RWS Wadcutter

Well that was a lesson in humility...and aging eyes. Went out today and built me an indoor pellet trap so I could do this thing.

My realistic(I thought) goal was just to keep everything in the black. I failed miserably at that. 

Pitiful 91 but at least I'm setup for some indoor practice...now where's that old sling?
20201205_202912.1607218645.jpg