N/A Webley

Finally! Two classic Webleys (Tempest and Hurricane), and in excellent condition. This was a very good find!
1FE5DA96-2DC1-4974-AC59-28FEADA01193.jpeg

I used to shoot both when I was a nipper" back in the early 80s
Fantastic pistols back in the day.
I have put them on my want again list also.
They look in great condition I'd hang on to them as they dont come round in that condition often.
Not just a nostalgic piece as they're pretty accurate also.
Well done gunnertrones they deserve to be looked after😁👍

Since the rise of the mini Reflex red dot, the Hurricane has had something of a reassurance.
It gets around the poor sights and short sight base of the Tempest and allows some credible accuracy...
I have known half the group size. You could try a comparison of group sizes...
I consider to mount a barrel mount on the Tempest- for no other reason than test the shooting stability, like I did to the FWB-65’s, but I know for sure - it won’t look good.

image.jpg

I had also consider similar before deciding to red dot my LP53K instead.
Had considered the need to keep the knurled area of the Tempest barrel free of a required mount as it would get in the way of loading. Also any such mount would likely damage the knurling...
Anywhere else would look bad ...agreeing with you.
It's probably why the Tempest has never been done..

It totally works on the Hurricane, with the rear area even more perfect for a red dot than they Intended for the big scope mount which came with it..

IMG_0394.JPG

Last edited:
Going further, (I am not suggesting anyone does it) the bulk of that overhang on the Hurricane could be trimmed down more to within Tempest dimensions if fitting a micro reflex.....as shown..
If Reflex dots had even available back then, they would not have needed to consider the huge bulk of their adapter unit for the scope they had intended for it....

In contrast, I always liked the extra long barrel housing at the muzzle, as it extended the sight base and looked more purposeful. Some in the UK added Hurricane barrel housings to their Tempests with this in mind....
I'll post one up to show you..

IMG_0395.JPG

Last edited:
Going further, (I am not suggesting anyone does it) the bulk of that overhang on the Hurricane could be trimmed down more to within Tempest dimensions if fitting a micro reflex.....as shown..
If Reflex dots had even available back then, they would not have needed to consider the huge bulk of their adapter unit for the scope they had intended for it....

In contrast, I always liked the extra long barrel housing at the muzzle, as it extended the sight base and looked more purposeful. Some in the UK added Hurricane barrel housings to their Tempests with this in mind....

View attachment 381159
Yes.... but: A micro reflex weigh almost less than the original back sight, and with the solid gods/material gone - woulden`t it be a bit unbalanced? (as you say; not that anyone should do it.... - but I kinda like the idea as an experiment). ;)

Reactions: Bandito
Those are lovely! Great find.

IMHO those are greatly underrated air pistols. Collectors ooh and ahh over the old steel Webleys - and rightly so! - but the "Tempicane" is excellent in its own right, with fine ergonomics, modern powerplant materials, and excellent quality where needed (the trigger, sear, and cocking links are all German-made steel extrusions, for example).

The working man's classic, if you will...the FWB 65 and Webley Tempest are the two springer pistols I'd never be without.

Reactions: Gunnertrones

View attachment 381159
As promised, the other option I mentioned of Tempest with Hurricane barrel....
Works well. Still very compact but additional sight base....

IMG_0440.JPG

I was about 14 when I had my tempest
It was like an extension of my arm.
Even with open sights I could shoot the trollocks of a nat,? Well that's what I thought back then lol
The red dot looks at home on it and should make it alot more accurate😁
I'm weeping just looking at it lol" I'll have to get my paper round back to buy one again.
Hope you get to love the little gun and never part with it gunner

I was about 14 when I had my tempest
It was like an extension of my arm.
Even with open sights I could shoot the trollocks of a nat,? Well that's what I thought back then lol
The red dot looks at home on it and should make it alot more accurate😁
I'm weeping just looking at it lol" I'll have to get my paper round back to buy one again.
Hope you get to love the little gun and never part with it gunner
No intention for sale. And that is my weakness, airguns piling up.

Reactions: Ssgmac