HW/Weihrauch Weak guy springers

One thing you may want to consider is a piece of pvc pipe big enough to fit over the lever, and long enough to give you the leverage you want. My pro-sport seems easy to cock, at least to this 65-year-old, but not everyone would think so I imagine. Altering cocking technique is another option, but I suspect you've already considered that.

Under lever and break, barrels are different in the ways they cock.I think a break barrel has a slight advantage in the less elbow strain; let me check it now.OK very close, the way to go is a longer barrel break barrel that is not a magnum,R-7 hw34 type ...the under levers usually have more power and also a shorter cocking apparatus o_O

If you're just concerned with cocking effort (and not so much the size and weight of the gun) consider the classic Feinwerkbau 300S match rifle. An FWB in good shape will do well over 600 fps with light ammo; I frequently shoot mine at 35 yards and more. You get recoilless action, hair splitting accuracy, a fixed barrel, anvil-like reliability, fantastic sights, and a trigger that shames even the HW Rekord - all served up in a sidelever action you can literally cock with your little finger. Your basic plinking session dream machine.

If size / weight IS an issue - I am constantly re-discovering that older and lower-powered guns have more smack at longer ranges that is appreciated, while remaining very pleasant to carry, cock, and shoot. The HW 30 / R7; OLD HW 50 sporter and HW 55 target rifle; Diana 27 and 35, Anschutz 333 and 335, BSA Meteor, and many other similar classics will fill the bill.

Last edited:
I shot a HW 97kt which was a treat. Problem was they tendinitis it created in my elbow from cocking it. Is there a smooth high performance gun with less cocking effort, yet can still reach 40 yards with weihrauch accuracy?
tune or have it tuned to under 12 FPE . i have my 97 tuned to 11.6 FPE , very smooth shooter and much easier cocking . If i had to do it over i would have done 10.5 FPE . dead on @ 40 + yards .
Stan in KY
EDIT: as an example i shoot 3/4 inch spinnes @40 and even 1/2 inch spinner if reasonable wind is present.

Last edited: