• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

We need to share results of pellets / slugs of different calibers on diverse animals.

Kodiak extra heavy. 25 Cal took already a javalina (30 yards) and a coyote (60 yards) with head shots. 60 foot pounds.

JSB Hades. 30 took already two coyotes (55 yards) with chest shots. 75 foot pounds.

JSB 81.02 grain. 357 Cal took two whitentailed deer (35 yards) with chest shots. And one with a front head shot(40!yards). Took three javalina (40 yards) with head shots. 130 foot pounds.

JSB 44.7 grain . 30 Cal took two javalina (30 yards) with head shots. Two coyotes with head shots (50 yards) .

Last edited:
Reactions: SimpleGuy
Kodiak extra heavy. 25 Cal took already a javalina and a coyote with head shots. 60 foot pounds.

JSB Hades. 30 took already two coyotes with chest shots. 75 foot pounds.

JSB 81.02 grain. 357 Cal took two whitentailed deer with chest shots. And one with a front head shot. Took three javalina with head shots. 130 foot pounds.

JSB 44.7 grain . 30 Cal took two javalina with head shots. Two coyotes with head shots.
What yardage?

Reactions: N2 Shooter
Emu, I have a Wildcat at about 62 lbs with Heavy JSBs. Did you recover any of you pellets from the coyote or javelina to examine, did the hold together, penetrate the skulls? I have a thermal scope coming this week and want to do some rural city coyote hunts.
Thank, Keith
I recovered the pellets of all deer. Almost no deformación. No expansión at all. Not even the one of the skull.

Reactions: ksandin
FX Hybrid Slugs .30 cal at 930 fps/85 fpe. Dropped a groundhog at 66 yards with a bodyshot. Full passthrough, and the slug was recovered.

20221017_145719.jpg

20221017_145622.jpg

Reactions: abqjoe and Emu
How far does a deer run and what kind of blood trail do they leave when chest shot with a 35cal airgun? They generally have 30 seconds of battery life left in them if you don’t shock them to the ground with a big boomer.
First deer ran away about 50 mts. No blood Trail at all.

Second deer walked away 30 mts and came down. No blood traíl.

Third deer with the head shot was dead before getting to ground.

You can watch almot all shots to these animals in my hunting videos on these threads.

Last edited: