• This section is NOT for leaving Member feedback. To leave a Member feedback regarding a Classified transaction simply go to the Members profile and click the ADD FEEDBACK button.

We Need A New Forum Section For Machine Work

Heck yes we need this. Doesn’t have to be restricted to those with lathes and mills either. I’m fortunate enough to have both, but there was a time when my project dreams exceeded my tool budget by about a million times (as opposed to the mere thousand times they do now) and that disparity led to some creative workarounds. Maybe a broader machining/home customization sub forum would get enough play to justify its existence?
I would like to see this as well, I have done a lot of workarounds not having the machine tools to do it. Cutting obsolete square threads by hand isn't fun but can be done! Lol

CUSTOM machining ... as in ONE OFF's ... stuff that is created by Air Gun Enthusiasts and NOT mass produced billet parts anyone can simply purchase.

In those situations ...A RESOUNDING YES !!!!
Yes, anything the member machines themself pertaining to airguns or seeking advise on something to be machined by the member themself.

Last edited:
Diy projects can go in any section they're related to. The new one needs to be just for machining.
I guess my interpretation of diy must differ from yours. I was thinking of custom parts made without the use of a lathe, mill, shaper, etc.

I understand what you’re getting at though.

Dave

Reactions: heavy-impact
I guess my interpretation of diy must differ from yours. I was thinking of custom parts made without the use of a lathe, mill, shaper, etc.

I understand what you’re getting at though.

Dave
Yes sir, I want to focus on machining operations such as fitting barrels, making moderators from metal, pellet probes, fill probes, adapters, plenums, regulators, valve poppets, valve seats and such.

Why not post your projects in General for now? That way nearly everyone gets to see. That's what I've done a few times. I'm pretty much a springer guy but I think everyone is intrigued at least to take a look and perhaps be inspired. I have a lot of experience and willing to share advise and techniques but can only contribute if I see it (the post).
Just that it gets lost after a couple days, unless there is a lot of interest in it. Once it gets on the 3rd page or further back those people who were not there the first day or two who could have helped or liked to see it never do. And sorry but like for example I never remembered seeing any of your projects.

Allen

Reactions: heavy-impact
Why not post your projects in General for now? That way nearly everyone gets to see. That's what I've done a few times. I'm pretty much a springer guy but I think everyone is intrigued at least to take a look and perhaps be inspired. I have a lot of experience and willing to share advise and techniques but can only contribute if I see it (the post).
I want a new section so the topic will grow so much more. When we have more coverage and members who are interested get a better understanding I believe more members will buy equipment to do their own work. For the price of a high end airgun you can purchase a lathe. The more familiar people become the more likely they are to get into machining. I REALLY don't understand the reluctance of the forum owner to allow this. It can only increase his income by getting new members, more traffic and more sponsors via the barrel and machine industry. It's a no brainer to me.

If Michael has concerns about whatever he should discuss it with us to find a solution. I feel like he doesn't want it for some reason and hopes we lose interest.