We are Shooting 546 yard at the Oklahoma City gun club and Will have a Silhouette competition.

We have been using the magneto speed indicators @ 500 and they are working with 22 lr as well as 22 air. I have 8 of the caldwell sitting here that will be used also.I think they will work great even with a heavy target . Take a few rocks to pitch at the target you may have to find the sweet spot ?
The Magneto speeds are expensive at $200 each, but look less vulnerable to damage. The Caldwells are only $30 each. I made some 3/8” thick Lexan shields for the Caldwells. I did throw rocks at them yesterday, and it did not take much to activate them. We’ll see how it works out this Sunday.

Reactions: ba49
It's on the way.

The Slayer was more what I had in mind vs the others because I already have 60 fpe and 99 fpe sluggers. I'm thinking more like 300 fpe and higher BC slugs in the .3's. His guns are pretty robust which I do like.

However I was sponsored with a 30 cal EVOL from Tom and I didn't like the effort it took to cock it and also that particular one had some problems from the getgo. I gave it back to him thinking that he'd repair it and send it back but he didn't so that was that.

It looks like he's improving his guns in each generation and I hope him the best.

The Slayer was more what I had in mind vs the others because I already have 60 fpe and 99 fpe sluggers. I'm thinking more like 300 fpe and higher BC slugs in the .3's. His guns are pretty robust which I do like.

However I was sponsored with a 30 cal EVOL from Tom and I didn't like the effort it took to cock it and also that particular one had some problems from the getgo. I gave it back to him thinking that he'd repair it and send it back but he didn't so that was that.

It looks like he's improving his guns in each generation and I hope him the best.
Yes, he does improve them based on feedback from customers and competitors. The Evol is getting an easier cocking and different hammer system, as well as improving airflow and pfe to the already efficient system. The old Slayer has a new and improved model coming out soon as well.

Reactions: steve123
How did it go ?
Went well enough. Though only had one 22lr shooting and they could only hit the 200m chicken. I was able to hit all with my 7mm airgun. Chickens were easy. Mostly shot pigs, turkeys, rams. Pigs about 60% hit rate. Turkeys and rams about 30%. There was some wind. The Flash Bangs worked well. I finally let the high power centerfires shoot at the ram swinger. The c-clamps eventually rattled loose and sensor and guard fell off. There was no damage and the 3/8” Lexan shield saved one Flash Bang on the chicken. Two of the Lexan shields had craters, probably from my 7mm. One crater was right on top of the Flash Bang LEDs.

1699292067093.jpeg

Reactions: davestr2
looks like the clamp took a hit as well . I try to mount to the bottem of the target hoping trajectory will help protect the indicator .
There was only a limited area on the chicken to mount what I had. And trajectory slope won’t make much difference. It’s a very small angle at these distances. 1.3 degrees at 200m, and less than 4 degrees at 500m.

B5C35EAA-41EE-4E76-9146-60D51ABEAAF6.jpeg

Last edited:
When my wife was using a 38/55 she had some good hits that didn't take down the rams. My Sharps 45/70 with. 520gr. were only traveling at 1145fps. Shouldn't an airgun shoot a 45cal. at similar weight and speed be possible? The trajecturi was something like 62ft. with that. I would think it could done with air.
.45 caliber, 520gr@1145fps (1500fpe). There are no commercially available airguns that can do that.

Reactions: Centercut and ba49
I don't know if anybody here has time but those lights could be made. I just don't know if they can be made cheaper than the store bought units. Because like the saying goes time is money...

I think it is a piezo electric switch hooked to to a device that will give a specific time pulse of power for a led?

Edit
Actually one could be pieced together for relatively cheap if the right components could be found. Something similar to this

https://www.elecbee.com/en-25166-5V...le-2-in-1-Module-AlTriggered-Vibration-Module

but maybe with a lower input voltage. And a ready made low voltage light panel.

Allen

Last edited: