• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

WC MKIII Sniper

Just got mine in, thank you Joel from Palm Beach Airguns!

Reg came @125, I am getting 50fpe with heavies, pw7. Looks like I'll need some more regulator pressure to get the advertised 70fpe, likely more hammer too, with the additional hex key adjustment. We'll see how that goes!

Still waiting on the scope to get delivered for some sight in shots!

I love how much more balanced this is over my dreamline .25 600mm, holding and shouldering it is a dream.

Your barrel needs to be moved back a bit until the brass transfer piece is flush with the magazine inlet. 

See picture:

1590772157_1744525535ed141bdddcee2.21628845.jpeg

Your barrel needs to be moved back a bit until the brass transfer piece is flush with the magazine inlet. 

See picture:

1590772157_1744525535ed141bdddcee2.21628845.jpeg

That is how my breech looks. The magazine channel for the brass bit partiall goes over. it's almost more like the point of the magazine is too wide and getting wedged. I might try thinning it out...I really don't like the 'disassemble to load' new 3d printed plastic magazines, and far prefer the 2 older style ones I have from my dreamline...

And I may be dumb as a post (I don't think so) but it took me several minutes and an obscure YouTube posting to even figure out how to load the new mags. I'd never seen one before and I didn't expect to have to take it apart to load it. And not a shred of instruction that I could find to be had on the FX site or anywhere on the internet other than that one YouTube post. And that wasn't even the intent of the post.

And I may be dumb as a post (I don't think so) but it took me several minutes and an obscure YouTube posting to even figure out how to load the new mags. I'd never seen one before and I didn't expect to have to take it apart to load it. And not a shred of instruction that I could find to be had on the FX site or anywhere on the internet other than that one YouTube post. And that wasn't even the intent of the post.

I had to go look that up too!

So after some testing, wiggling, and cursing, it appears my wildcat mkIII has a wider brass bit in the breech than my dreamline.25.

The groove in the back of the older magazines is not wide enough. I verified this by taking a magazine apart, and trying to just get the metal part to slide up against the barrel. Won't do it. And after all this, I can see the stress on the metal on the groove. 

Also, did shoot some groups with the new Argos BTR 6-24....and nothing to write home about yet, with 29gr NSA, Kings, or Kings heavy. Still running 125bar and around 50fpe, even though i did try a few other power levels for the kings, they were all about the same. I can get about 40% of them on one hole, but then a bunch of fliers. No clipping on the donnyfl tatsu either. The new magazine doesn't line a pellet up to the center of the hole either, so I think there may be some buggery on loading into the breech...gonna shoot some more this weekend!

Thanks to this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKs-mzDTyEA
I was able to determine the hex key size and direction for the hammer spring adjuster: it's 1.5mm, counterclockwise to increase tension. When I tested that, it worked, all the way up to not being able to cock the gun. I backed it out 2 turns trying to get a realistic ES. I still couldn't get anything under a 20fps ES with any reg setting or hammer setting i tried. Annoying too, because it would be like "878, 878, 890, 855, 891" which made it really confusing. I tried lowering the hammer spring, but it would still do something like the above string, all the way down to 800's with the heavies.

At almost coil bind, and 150bar, I was able to hit 61fpe with heavies. Still not 70fpe.

Horrible news is the NSA 29gr slugs that one-hole in my dreamline couldn't even keep a 1" group at 30 yards. Heavies were rocking the accuracy at 60fpe tho, in the limited accuracy testing i did this morning. I kind of regret buying 1200 of them in anticipation of this gun...

At almost coil bind, and 150bar, I was able to hit 61fpe with heavies. Still not 70fpe.

I don’t know where those energy and velocity numbers come from. When I got mine from UA there was a test card in there showing one of the techs there shot 895 FPS with JSB Kings. I assume they shipped the gun just like they tested it. Out of the box I averaged 877 with the same pellet. The only reason I can come up with for that is that Orem, UT is 4,300 feet higher than where I am so there is less air resistance. I’m sure the max velocities and energy the company publishes are with things tuned to the absolute max under ideal conditions and probably aren’t something I would ever see under normal field use.

I don’t plan any aggressive tuning really and probably won’t adjust the regulator. I have experimented with the power wheel though. I like how that works. I posted some info about that and plan to test it even further. I also discovered that the max pressure printed on the side of the rifle (a least on mine) is wrong - it should be 230 BAR and not 250 BAR.

JSB Heavies are coming up as the best pellet in my compact as well. And, a surprise to me, the Benjamin 27.8 grain pellets are right there with them for accuracy. So far I’m happy with the Wildcat Compact. I’m still settling in with the rifle.

Oh, and I’ve changed my mind about the magazines. I like ‘em. They did seem awkward at first - especially with no instructions. But you can load as many or as few pellets as you want and if you want to unload the magazine its simple to do. It does require a level of dexterity to get that first pellet in but most magazines are like that.

So after some testing, wiggling, and cursing, it appears my wildcat mkIII has a wider brass bit in the breech than my dreamline.25.

The groove in the back of the older magazines is not wide enough. I verified this by taking a magazine apart, and trying to just get the metal part to slide up against the barrel. Won't do it. And after all this, I can see the stress on the metal on the groove. 

Also, did shoot some groups with the new Argos BTR 6-24....and nothing to write home about yet, with 29gr NSA, Kings, or Kings heavy. Still running 125bar and around 50fpe, even though i did try a few other power levels for the kings, they were all about the same. I can get about 40% of them on one hole, but then a bunch of fliers. No clipping on the donnyfl tatsu either. The new magazine doesn't line a pellet up to the center of the hole either, so I think there may be some buggery on loading into the breech...gonna shoot some more this weekend!

So much for using the dreamline and crown magazines. Hopefully it is just a QC problem and not like that on every gun. 

I know the hybrids aren't cheap but maybe FX changed the liners to mainly shoot them good and now the cheaper NSAs wont shoot good due to whatever those changes are.