FX WC MK3 VP velocity help

Yeah haven't rotated it to the slug port but I shouldn't have to with pellets. I'm stumped with this gun. I'll try giving FX a call in the morning and see what they think. I'll update if anything, thanks!

Slug port will mediate a sharper drop in plenum pressure, perhaps awakening the reg. There’s no downside to using it even for pellets and it’s gives you an opportunity to check that the pellet probe is lining up with the transfer port.

Reactions: jskd82
Rotated and still the same🤬🤣🤣

Screenshot_20230921_170645_FX Radar.jpg

Have you removed and weighed the hammer weight? My Wildcat MK3, BT compact came with the wrong hammer weight (too light). It was a real mess trying to figure out what the gun was doing. FX customer service helped diagnose the problem and sent me the correct hammer weight. It made all the difference in the world.
Yep my hammer weight is 10.55 grams, what was yours?

I had to send mine back to (FiX) to have them sort mine out, I got tired of wasting pellets trying to get that gun to shoot. It’s so frustrating to pay that much for a gun and it doesn’t perform. If I were you, I’d box it up and send it back, I know you’ll be without it for a couple of months but at least you can keep your sanity.

I had to send mine back to (FiX) to have them sort mine out, I got tired of wasting pellets trying to get that gun to shoot. It’s so frustrating to pay that much for a gun and it doesn’t perform. If I were you, I’d box it up and send it back, I know you’ll be without it for a couple of months but at least you can keep your sanity.
Ask for a refound and buy any of the following:

Daystate

Airgun Technology

Sidewinder.

Best performance with quality!!!

FX are really good conceptually…. But just conceptually…. At the moment of the truth, making them work as they theoretically should, is VERY time consuming….. And once you achieve it, you will need to buy a new batch of pellets and to start the process of detoxing of anxiolytics.

Last edited:
Update* I called FX today and they suggested that I inspect the hammer and sear. I pulled both out and there was very little scuffing, so I polished both up and reinstalled, still the same issue. They are sending me a new hammer to install but I highly doubt that has anything to do with this issue. Next I took both regs out and polished them, including the belleville washers. Installed back in gun and test fired... still same issue, although now I can hear the gun constantly airing up after every shot. It sounds really slow like there is a bottleneck somewhere going to the plenum. That was with the first reg at 120 bar and second reg at 90 bar. Next I lowered the second reg to 60 bar, (after degassing of course) and I am now getting a pretty consistent shot string around 880 with an ES of approximately 20. It seems like the air fills so slowly that it can't keep up when the second reg is set at 90 bar but it is able to barely keep up with it set at 60 bar. I'm not sure if this is the regs or something inside of the plenum.

The new Huma regs will be here Monday so I will have to see what happens when I switch them out. I guess in the mean time I will try to open up the plenum and take a look inside. I haven't lost my sanity yet, I want to figure this out without having to send it in. I don't have a problem sending it in cause I still have my impact to shoot but I want to get to the bottom of this🤣

Did you check the air passages in the reg? Particularly the one running through the piston. A piece of grit can cause a bottleneck or sometimes the mating surface can occlude the hole. You should be able to easily blow air from the base of the piston and feel it at the other end.
Yep as far as I can tell it looks okay and air passes. I pulled the plenum apart and it was clean. It's hard to tell what the exact pressure is on the gauge when it starts to go wild but it is somewhere around 60-70 bar. As soon as I take it a little over that, it start fluctuating like crazy. I am crossing my fingers that it's something wrong with one of the regs.

Yeah haven't rotated it to the slug port but I shouldn't have to with pellets. I'm stumped with this gun. I'll try giving FX a call in the morning and see what they think. I'll update if anything, thanks!
Ding ding….rotate it to the slug port. In my 25 cal the pellet port is pretty useless. My compact 25 can be shooting 25.39 at 900 and when rotated to the pellet port it shoots 725. Useless to me. Give the dual port a try.