• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX WC MK3 VP velocity help

Fill is full at 230 bar, removed tank and released all pressure, closed first reg clockwise, second reg wide open counter clockwise till flush. Installed tank and opened first reg counter clockwise slowly until it showed 140 bar on gauge. Removed tank and released all pressure again. Closed second reg clockwise and attached tank. Slowly opened second reg counter clockwise until gauge showed 100 bar.

Hammer screw was set at 6mm out and left there. I ordered Huma regs, hopefully that fixes the issue. Thanks.

Yes this is quite weird. You aren’t shooting super fast are you? The plenum takes time to refill it’s not a quick re setting gun. One other thing although I don’t think it would create this problem but 6mm on the internal adjuster and power wheel 7 is way too much hammer for 100 bar. Maybe turn that in a ways and start over and see if it persists.

Reactions: jskd82
Yes this is quite weird. You aren’t shooting super fast are you? The plenum takes time to refill it’s not a quick re setting gun. One other thing although I don’t think it would create this problem but 6mm on the internal adjuster and power wheel 7 is way too much hammer for 100 bar. Maybe turn that in a ways and start over and see if it persists.
Thanks I will try that, although even turning the power wheel down still caused the issue, just at a lower fps. I am not shooting fast either, I am giving ample time for the reg to refill. New regs should hopefully be here tomorrow so we shall see if that will fix it. I just seen a video on the pellet probe alignment, I will check that when I get home from work and post any update.

Reactions: Trucker3573
So it seems like the plenum isnt refilling after every shot. After the 3rd or 4th shot i can hear the air rush into the plenum. I am giving anywhere from 5-10 seconds between shots. Any ideas here?

Also after fiddling around and doing as you suggest with the hammer, I think it's the opposite and I don't have enough hammer to run at 100 bar. I could be mistaken but at 90 bar and 6mm out with power wheel on 7, I am getting around 930fps with jsb 18.13 grain. If I turn the hammer screw clockwise a quarter of a turn it drops the fps down.

If I leave it at 6mm out but turn the reg up to 100 bar, I end up losing fps down to 914ish. If I turn the hammer screw clockwise 1 full Revolution it goes up to 956 at 100 bar but then I run into issues with the gun not cooking properly because the hammer screw is too far out.

I know 930 fps is more than enough for the 18.13 grains, but I am trying to get it so that I can use lighter slugs around 23 grains at power wheel 7 and then drop the power wheel down to shoot the 18.13's at around 880fps. Thanks.

AMP regs can take a while to settle in but if you’re replacing with a Huma, it doesn’t matter (but you can dry fire a couple hundred shots to settle them in). Your first post stated that the pressure was reading 100bar. If the plenum is not refilling, you should observe the pressure reducing. Is that the case? The odd thing here is that the WC BT has a pretty large plenum and even if it isn’t refilling, a shot or even two shouldn’t drop it below 90bar. In which case (at 90bar), it should shoot faster. Regarding the hammer, it is clear that you have found the point of maximum preload where you can’t engage the sear to cock, but I agree with Trucker that it’s odd that your hammer can’t fully open the valve at 100bar. Perhaps your gauge is off and you’re actually running at a higher pressure. If you fill up from a lowish pressure, you can see if that reg gauge matches a gauge on your tank/compressor/pump. It’s a good thing to do regardless. Also worth knowing what hammer weight is in the gun. The wildcats have different weights according to cal and you may need to put a 25 cal weight into a 22 to shoot slugs at higher pressure. Mine started out as a 30 but I switch it to 177 or 22, from time to time. However, even in 177 form, shooting 13g slugs, I use the 30cal hammer weight.

AMP regs can take a while to settle in but if you’re replacing with a Huma, it doesn’t matter (but you can dry fire a couple hundred shots to settle them in). Your first post stated that the pressure was reading 100bar. If the plenum is not refilling, you should observe the pressure reducing. Is that the case? The odd thing here is that the WC BT has a pretty large plenum and even if it isn’t refilling, a shot or even two shouldn’t drop it below 90bar. In which case (at 90bar), it should shoot faster. Regarding the hammer, it is clear that you have found the point of maximum preload where you can’t engage the sear to cock, but I agree with Trucker that it’s odd that your hammer can’t fully open the valve at 100bar. Perhaps your gauge is off and you’re actually running at a higher pressure. If you fill up from a lowish pressure, you can see if that reg gauge matches a gauge on your tank/compressor/pump. It’s a good thing to do regardless. Also worth knowing what hammer weight is in the gun. The wildcats have different weights according to cal and you may need to put a 25 cal weight into a 22 to shoot slugs at higher pressure. Mine started out as a 30 but I switch it to 177 or 22, from time to time. However, even in 177 form, shooting 13g slugs, I use the 30cal hammer weight.
Thanks, the stock gauge is ass and that's gonna be replaced as soon as my order comes in. I didn't notice the pressure after each shot, I will take a look at it later and see what it's doing. I just ordered the FX tungsten hammer in hopes of that helping with higher reg pressures. I have screwed the tank in at 100 bar and both gauges read 100 bar.

I've seen Matt Dubber's video on tuning the Maverick regs and he talks about the reg not filling the plenum, like I am experiencing. He mentions that it usually happens at lower pressures, usually sub 12 setups. He says that you can swap the plenum around, but I don't think I should need to do that at these pressures.

Thanks, the stock gauge is ass and that's gonna be replaced as soon as my order comes in. I didn't notice the pressure after each shot, I will take a look at it later and see what it's doing. I just ordered the FX tungsten hammer in hopes of that helping with higher reg pressures. I have screwed the tank in at 100 bar and both gauges read 100 bar.

I've seen Matt Dubber's video on tuning the Maverick regs and he talks about the reg not filling the plenum, like I am experiencing. He mentions that it usually happens at lower pressures, usually sub 12 setups. He says that you can swap the plenum around, but I don't think I should need to do that at these pressures.
You’ll be fine with the Huma reg, but I would not advise using the Tungsten hammer fof your stated goals.

Tungsten Hammer is just way too much hammer for the gun at the pressures you're shooting at. I can however recommend the Huma Hammer weights kit. I have one in my custom WC BT MK3 and it shoots VERYT WELL for a multi tune gun. By that I mean that I have the gun tuned to shoot 14g at low Hammer Spring Adjuster settings and 25g at the Highest setting (7) on the stock Power Wheel. Bump up that first reg to 170bar and see if it improves the refresh rate to the plenum. Keep in mind that 170 bar is no problem for that first Reg, single Reg gun shoot at 170bar all the time.. The whole point of the first reg is to lessen the pressure load on the second regulator. You could eliminate the first reg and the gun should still shoot fine..

Also keep in mind that there are three (3) FX Factory hammers for this gun with .177/22 being the lightest and 30cal being the heaviest weighing a few grams heavier. They are too easy to swap in the Mav/WC!! You never said which barrel you're running. If it's a "VP" model it should be a 600mm and 100 bar on the main reg should be more than enough. Remember that a shorter barrel takes more pressure to get a pellet up to speed than a longer one. If your gun is set up as a compact, turn up both regs, 170 up front and 130 for the main. You'll definitely want a heavier hammer weight for the short gun setups also. Personally I felt the .177/.22 Hammer weight was too light for .22.

FX Hybrid.jpg

Custom WC BT MK3 "Super Short - 380MM .22cal - 25in nose to tail