• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Water/Oil filter Question

I have a GX3 compressor that I'm trying to add an external oil/water to. I bought this one from Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LKYXBYS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details. After getting it all set up I switched on the compressor and waited 2-3 minutes and the compressor's pressure gauge never moved. I hooked the compressor directly to the gun and filled just fine. Does an oil/water filter that size take an extraordinarily long time to fill? I have checked for leaks around the connections and haven't found any.

You have a leak — pressure gauge should move just a little slower than without filter.

Check to see if female foster on compressor seals on the male foster of filter.
You may have to hold the female fitting on for an initial seal, then once some pressure builds all should work.

It’s hard to hear a leak with all the compressor noise. Might be able to feel it.

Thanks guys for your input. Cam, I checked the volume of the filter and according to an online calculator in worked to about 350 cc's. I'm still searching for the volume output for the compressor. The manufacturer's is a little thin on technical info.
Heavy, you were spot on about leaks. I had juggle a bunch of fittings to get everything to fit together. I found two leaks so far and fixed them with teflon tape (I hope). I'm going to do the soapy water trick to see if I have any more.
I did start getting pressure with the test plug in the line going to the gun, but it topped out at about 100 BAR after 5 minutes of running. Given the approximate size of the filter, it should have been at least at 200 BAR. Normally the compressor will take the 480 cc CF bottle from 140 BAR to 230 BAR in about 6 minutes.
For what its worth, the dimensions of the filter are: Length - 30 cm.; outside diameter 5 cm.; inside diameter 3cm.