Watch this Guy......

Yes, You have already said something similar , Most get a Jab in and move on, But you seem to have a lot to say on the matter.
Well here is the deal!

You post your concerns on a public forum then dislike what you hear and complain? We all see things differently and to be blunt, you made a rookie move and have zero recourse to get your money back.

Then you post two g.mail accounts thinking some of us would click on the link and tell this scammer what we all think? By doing this, we compromise our safety?

You lost, suck it up and move on already!

Well here is the deal!

You post your concerns on a public forum then dislike what you hear and complain? We all see things differently and to be blunt, you made a rookie move and have zero recourse to get your money back.

Then you post two g.mail accounts thinking some of us would click on the link and tell this scammer what we all think? By doing this, we compromise our safety?

You lost, suck it up and move on already!
Yes, I did make a Rookie mistake, and I will / have paid for that.

The Gmail was posted so no one else gets scammed, and for no other reason , Unless Perhaps you can show me where it asks to send him anything.

Yes , I lost and it sucks, Do you really friggin think I need it to be rubbed in?

Most of us that will not take PayPal are not trying to screw anyone. When they started sending 1099's they created a lot of extra work for non professional sellers.
Additionally there are a lot of unscrupulous buyers that are out to scame you.
The IRS has changed that limit to something like 10K, so unless you are a seller you should be golden.

Reactions: rc4fun
Yes, I did make a Rookie mistake, and I will / have paid for that.

The Gmail was posted so no one else gets scammed, and for no other reason , Unless Perhaps you can show me where it asks to send him anything.

Yes , I lost and it sucks, Do you really friggin think I need it to be rubbed in?
Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 18-35-45 GTA - Airguns & Guns Forum.png

You made more than one mistake Jay?

You sound to be a very trusting person......You really need to explain IN FULL DETAIL how this all went down?
You tell us to "watch this guy"! You posted a WANT AD and you hand him the cash and label him as a FF?
This one post "Louie" looked for you, found you, and you swallowed the hook....

The answer to your question is a HARD NO! I'm sorry you fell victim to this scumbag but this is the net. There are online courses you can take FREE of charge to learn about various scams. I humbly suggest you read the forum rules on purchasing and selling and learn about online safety!

• Wow
Reactions: IOWOLF
The only way I buy ( or sell) is to have the seller send me a PayPal invoice for the item. I pay the invoice with my guaranteed CC so if a sale goes bad I have recourse. So does the seller if I cheat them. Most scammers won't send an invoice because they know they will be exposed. Never lost a nickle buying this way but have put three scammers out of business.

Reactions: cavedweller
So, in which ways would be best to protect yourself against scammers?

AI is getting to the point its harder to trust pic forms of verification, even when you ask them to write something specific on a piece of paper, and even then, the scammer might actually have the guns.
It kinda seems like the payment provider is the only way to protect yourself. It seems PayPal is one of the least trouble to work with should the sale fail to be delivered.

View attachment 456444

You sound to be a very trusting person......You really need to explain IN FULL DETAIL how this all went down?
You tell us to "watch this guy"! You posted a WANT AD and you hand him the cash and label him as a FF?

The answer to your question is a HARD NO! I'm sorry you fell victim to this scumbag but this is the net. There are online courses you can take FREE of charge to learn about various scams. I humbly suggest you read the forum rules on purchasing and selling and learn about online safety!
OK I get it, Now if you don't leave me alone about it I will be forced to break a friggin rule,

This is borderline Harassment.

View attachment 456444

How long you going to beat this guy up? Why don't you look up the POS responsible and hound them?

They changed bact in Nov 2023 and I hadn't heard. Now $20K until who knows when. Thanks for making me look.
Yeah it surprised me, I think they just figured out that they'd have to hire more people to keep track of the hundred million or so extra 1099's. I think the new limit is stupid but....I works for me and I'm not going to argue.

When a seller says they will only accept "Paypal Friends and Family", what they are really saying is that they are dishonest, and are attempting to screw Paypal out of a 3% commision!

When a buyer pays a complete stranger with PPFF, they have zero protection.
I just joined here to sell, there's multiple reasons to avoid PayPal GS or even PayPal as a whole because they suck.

Also not wanting to get milked to death in fees and etc isn't "dishonesty", it's simply not wanting to get milked to death.

Exercising common sense or ways to verify someone has the item you want actually in hand reduce your risk.

Most of us that will not take PayPal are not trying to screw anyone. When they started sending 1099's they created a lot of extra work for non professional sellers.
Additionally there are a lot of unscrupulous buyers that are out to scame you.
This amongst other things. If you got money in a paypal cash out.

Why?

If paypal suspects you did something verboten kiss all your money in the account goodbye because they will keep it from you.

Paypal has a policy dedicated towards a certain set of beliefs/way of thinking. No further comment on that.

OP's only fault was being too trusting. And most people who are "too trusting" trust others because they, themselves, are trustworthy. Since they've never thought about screwing someone over, it doesn't really register that someone might do that to them. The guilt here is entirely with the seller.

IOWOLF, I hope you don't lose your faith in humanity. Most folks *are* good, and I've had some good experiences buying through the AGN classifieds, but we all take a risk, because those few, those miserable few, that ruin it for everyone else, are always there looking for a victim. Not your fault, and thank you for the heads up to others.

GsT

Yeah it surprised me, I think they just figured out that they'd have to hire more people to keep track of the hundred million or so extra 1099's. I think the new limit is stupid but....I works for me and I'm not going to argue.
Ah , no folks
They changed bact in Nov 2023 and I hadn't heard. Now $20K until who knows when. Thanks for making me look.
it starts in 2024 , over 600 total.