Watch this Guy......

OP, not meaning or wanting to blame you. Your only fault was trusting someone.
The next time someone says PP or PPFF is the safest way to transact I will and everyone else should realize that they are not wholly safe means of transacting business.
There is no 100% safe way to do business on line. Period. Where there is a profit there will be a crook.
I have given up selling anything on line or buying on line. I have had some great transactions here buying from some stellar sellers, but the incidence of bad deals is just too high anymore on line.

Fyi

Screenshot_20240415_192935_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: WoodWelder
If you have copies of the conversation report it to paypal showing he wanted to be paid through paypal F&F for a transaction that included goods and services, this is against their policy, they will 100% reprimand, unsure if they will oblige any payment reversals, however if you paid with a credit card through friends and family you still are potentially protected...

Don't EVER pay with anything other than credit cards online, ever......ever.

-Matt

When a seller says they will only accept "Paypal Friends and Family", what they are really saying is that they are dishonest, and are attempting to screw Paypal out of a 3% commision!

When a buyer pays a complete stranger with PPFF, they have zero protection.
Yes, You have already said something similar , Most get a Jab in and move on, But you seem to have a lot to say on the matter.