Watch & Discuss the Umarex Gauntlet .25!

As far as suggestions to improve the Gauntlet:

1. Redesign the stock (throw away that forearm bottle shroud) have the stock just cover the bottle connection.

2. Add the Hammer Spring adjusting screw

3. Threaded end cap to accommodate an LDC

I absolutely love my Gauntlet and find it difficult to keep air in it because it's so dang fun to shoot!

Wouldn't mind seeing it in .30 cal either... hint hint.. ;)

Bought two used one with known issues but extras offset problems. bought the second from a disgruntled owner. I figured I'd learn the gun, have had about 15 air guns, the previous non regged guns all shoot a tighter spread than this regged gun. The shot count is nice the barrel shift makes transportation a challenge and re zeroing a must. This gun in my book does not deserve the cut foam of a dedicated hard case.

Steve, man you do great work. I don't think you left anything untouched. To all who've watched and discussed and hopefully entered, thank you, and be sure to share the video with your friends. Great questions and comments. Here's one for all of you... without adding much cost to keep the price as reasonable to all of you as it is, what three things, in order of priority to you, would you do different to the next Gauntlet if there were to be one?

Keep the current sporter version but create us a sibling:

1) smoothen out the cocking guides with some factory lube

2) create a stippled pistol grip poly skeleton stock without the dial-a-comb, and ditch the bottle shroud & sling studs

3) add 1/2 UNF threads to the shroud end and lop 3" off it (or contract DonnyFL as FX USA did)

4) put a lighter coil spring in the trigger group and slap some factory lube in there too

5) replace the 11mm scope rail with a weaver one, and mold a poly belly weaver into the stock for a bipod, flashlight, or laser

6) ditch the 6,000 psi Ninja pressure gauge for a 3,000 psi one

7) add an alloy magnetic foster dust cap in place of the vinyl one

8) sexy up the end on the lolly pop cocking bolt

9) call it the Umarex Mantis 

... If this could all be done for under $400, it would still be a great value!

Steve