Watch & Discuss the new Gamo Swarm Maxxim!

I have two friends that swear by "Gamo"... they are both older guys who have been hunting and shooting for many years. Like i said they swear by Gamo as far as their choice of air rifles. Both told me that Gamo are "quality" well made products.I don't own a Gamo "yet"... but it's on my to do list. The swarm maxxim is looking real atractive right about now. I love everything they did with the "Gamo Swarm Maxxim" !!! Nice.

I bought one of the 22 cal swarms on 4/3 and have already had a breakage problem with the loading system..(4/12/17).most likely the gun will have to be returned to gamo for a fix......the little red colored plunger pushes the pellet into the bore but will not retrack .....it locks up the gun loading system...I can load it manually but I bought it for the clip feature self loading ......I have 300 plus rounds thru it and it seems to be getting better for target shooting but ....im a bit disappointed for sure .....I have to wait for the warrantee card to get to gamo ...I just mailed it 4/11/17...bad stroke of luck for me......hopefully gamo will stand behind the warrantee.....other wise its a nice lite weight gun .....I also have a Benjamin 22 np2 trail....a bit heavy but ....for me its a great gun....got a good kick to it....and a good investment for me.....need more pellets !!!!...cs

Another great review Steve! - Covered all the bases with good information in an enjoyable fluid motion that's easy to watch.
- Pretty smart mechanism at transforming a break barrel into a repeater; but it's good that the design allows you to remove and replace it. Not just for easy barrel cleaning, but also in the event it develops a problem. Just load as a normal springer and continue shooting while waiting for a replacement part.

Except for one flyer, I was impressed with the 50 yrd group, especially given the obvious windy conditions. Pretty good precision for a gun of this price point.

Just wondering if it can be "de-cocked" if I decide not to take the shot? And if so, is there a means provided to prevent "double loading" when the gun is cocked again?

As simple as it appears that one can remove the magazine and loading mechanism, that's all one would have to do to prevent double loading. Maybe I answered my own question.

I'm getting long in the tooth and have chronic back pain. Shooting offhand is only possible for me with a gun of this light weight. I appreciate, especially in my senior years, my light weight Beeman R7. This Gamo Swarm Maxxim may even be lighter. I can dig that.

Great review, Steve.

BeemanR7Except for one flyer, I was impressed with the 50 yrd group, especially given the obvious windy conditions. Pretty good precision for a gun of this price point.

Just wondering if it can be "de-cocked" if I decide not to take the shot? And if so, is there a means provided to prevent "double loading" when the gun is cocked again?

As simple as it appears that one can remove the magazine and loading mechanism, that's all one would have to do to prevent double loading. Maybe I answered my own question.

I'm getting long in the tooth and have chronic back pain. Shooting offhand is only possible for me with a gun of this light weight. I appreciate, especially in my senior years, my light weight Beeman R7. This Gamo Swarm Maxxim may even be lighter. I can dig that.

Great review, Steve.

I tried buddy. If it can be decocked, I couldn't figure out how make it happen. Steve