Watch & Discuss the new Gamo Swarm Maxxim!

The Gamo looks great and has some nice features, I just wonder about the long term.
I could see the plastic feed mechanism giving out, but you never know.
At least you can remove it if it breaks.

Bruce 54,
I bought the Walther Terrus with the wood stock as a gift for one of my friends, it is a very nice rifle.
The Walther is almost like a tuned gun right out of the box, you can't go wrong with it.
It has a better warranty as well, and just beams with quality.
I like it I wish I had got it for myself, but i have to many airguns lol

Thanks for all the nice notes of encouragement guys. I read them all and appreciate very much. 

.. boy, a whole mess of ya put your number guesses in the DISCUSSION thread instead of the WIN thread. Where are we confusing ya? Do you think it would help if I gave some verbal instructions in the review vid to supplement Michael's well written instructions here?

Thanks,
Steve

Well, after watching this video and a few others, I like the idea of the ten-shot clip on a break-barrel. After all the testing I've done with my three air rifles and deluxe chronograph, it's easy to see how welcome that 10-shot clip will be! Especially in shooting situations where time is critical, besides stresses of hunting and getting that quick, dead-on kill shot. The velocity numbers appear to be on par with the popular brands/styles of pellets I've tested in my Hatsan Striker 1000x (.22). And my Winchester 1400cs (.177 magnum). Not to mention my mildly modded Crosman 160 Pellgun, variant one (.22). It's already shooting 650FPS! And with a length of 45.5" & weight between 6-7 pounds, it's a hair lighter than my Striker 1000x with it's hardwood stock. The rifle seems to produce some good groups, barring that darn blustery wind you were battling. I can easily imagine some nice, tight groups on a calm day around 75F or so with low humidity.
​All in all, a nice, solid rifle that'll make hunting excursions easier & quicker with so many sho​ts winding up being, " on the fly".

The rapid cock and reload cycle is a huge draw for a beginner like me looking for a serious starter rifle. (I don't count my Crossman 760 as serious due to all that pumping time.) I tried a friend's Remington Summit and was disappointed with the Sproing vibration, inaccuracy and the cycle time being slowed by the need to insert the pellets one at a time.

AEAC's video showed a really nice grouping with a strain shot caused by a gust. The accuracy in the video convinced me this is a good starter gun for me.

My kid also advised me to start with this rather than investing a lot of $$ in tanks and a PCP rifle in case I don't stick with this as a hobby. I think I will stick, but like the idea of something you don't have to prep extensively ahead of time. Just load pellets in a magazine and go shoot. :) The only question now is whether to go for the .22 or the .177. I think I am leaning towards the .22 and real soon.

My personal previous experience with Gamo was a CFX I owned several years ago. The trigger was lousy, but I improved it with a GRT3. It was pellet fussy and very hold sensitive, but I was able to shoot 10 shot groups at 25 yards you could literally hide under a dime.

​The Hornet and the Swarm have recaptured my attention with Gamo. From everything I have heard, if the trigger can be fixed they are very worthy air rifles.