Watch & Discuss the Hatsan FlashPup PCP & TactAir Spark Portable Compressor!

Would a regulator allow the Flashpup to shoot a wider array of pellets accurately, or is it a feeding issue that dictates the Flashpup's pellet preference? 

The video is great.

I don't believe so. My impression is that it's a simple barrel twist rate/velocity comparability thing. The mag and cycling were all very smooth and free of speed bumps. It was also my impression that this barrel outperformed most others when it comes to 50 yard pellet fussiness, except for the hammer forged one BSA makes.

Steve

Hi, new here, been lurking for awhile, so I figured i would introduce myself and contribute with my new Flashpup experience.

I recently purchased a flahspup .22 during 2018 Black Friday deals. Bought from Dicks Sporting Goods online and was dropped shipped directly from Hatsan USA. I noticed that this review had the new Red centered magazine. Unfortunately my dropped shipped one came with the Black centered .22 garbage magazine, pellets are getting jammed during loading and the resulting damage to the pellet skirt. Seemed like every 3 or 4 pellet would jam, I have yet to go through a magazine without a jam. I contacted Hatsan about the issue, sending a picture of the black centered magazines, I haven't heard back yet if they will replace these obviously defective magazines with the new Red Centered magazines. I was hoping that the new guns would already be packaged with the new Red centered magazines by now.

My initial shooting of the gun from 200 Bar to 100 Bar yielded 60 shots which i thought was a lot based on other reviews, unfortunately it was dark out when I was playing and had no chrony numbers. The gun came delivered with 200 bar on the gauge and so far no leaks

The next day i had sunlight and setup the chrony. I found the gun was a little under powered compared to many reviews at at 21 fpe with the CPHP, JSB 14.3 were 23.5 fpe, JSB 18.1 were 24.8 and Beeman Kodiak (21.1) were at 26 FPE. I had to remove the stock and check the hammer spring. Found it was only 2 turns from minimum, i added 2 more turns and it brought up the power a bit with the kodiaks shooting at 30 FPE and CPHP at 25.5 fpe, I will need to go back in and adjust the hammer spring some more.

The gun was scoped and initially the pellets were hitting 6" low at 10 yards. I shimmed the rear scope rail 0.035" plus 3 layers of tape on the rear mount to get POI near the POA at 10 yards. I haven't found the perfect pellet yet, the few that i have shot seemed to be ok, i can't stack pellet after pellet with my limited pellet testing with this gun yet, Out of the box tt's about as accurate as my Sumatra 2500 but is more accurate than my first 100 .22 MRod (didn't win the barrel lotto on this gun), and its not as accurate as the Gamo Urban. For a budget airgun it's not bad..

Hopefully Hatsan responds to my request and I get the Red magazines before the return period. I hate to have to return it for something as trivial as not getting the corrected magazine. Hatsan has come though and is sending me the latest Red Magazines via USPS, should have it soon. 😄

We apologize the shipping department missed sending you the tracking #. Your replacement magazines were shipped on Tuesday and should be delivered before the weekend, please check your email for the tracking info.

like always a good review. the portable compressors lately have been catching my eye. I use a scuba tank for a refill station and taking my regular compressor would be a pain now this looks like a good alternative when i run my tank down because i forgot to fully charge it before i go out lol some how i dont think im the only one to do that. I currently have a Hatsan in 22 but i would like to have a bull pup it looks like it would make a good hunting rifle. Good Luck to everyone that enters with my luck its unlikely to be me lol