Watch & Discuss the FX Streamline!

"tsp3355"Great review Steve! What happened on that last shot at 100 ?? :) Not as pretty as a Regal, but way more bang for the buck. Love the shot count and the power wheel. The one gun that I have owned and sold that I really regret selling was a regulated 400 with the power wheel. Loved being able to drop the power to low for backyard pesting and plinking. Now I'm having an internal debate with myself..........Streamline or Crown..........Streamline or Crown........
I think the hand loading changed the POI or I got into a bad pellet... it happens. The gun's still accurate at that range and that's all I was really trying to show.

"zebra"What people would really benefit from in terms of reviewing a gun like the Streamline is a head to head comparison with the 4 or 5 other guns in the same price range.

We are fortunate that, if you go to market with a budget of around $1100 these days, you have a choice of a number of really excellent air rifles. That kind of cash gets you a Daystate Huntsman, a BSA R10, a Taipan Mutant and now the Streamline.

What I really want to know from online reviews is which one I should choose, or at least an objective opinion on the subject. 

imo, best video Ted ever made was his comparison between the FX Wildcat and the Bobat. That video would have been helpful to anyone deciding which FX bullpup to buy at the time. It was much more helpful for me than his actual reviews of each of those air guns separately.

I don't think I'm over-generalizing if I say that, going forward, every working air gun made by FX, Kalibrgun, Daystate, Taipan etc will probably be awesome. Surely a reviewer's job is to help us decide which one is best for our needs. If not, then what?

Ted said he was going to do a head to head between all the bullpups a while ago. I was looking forward to seeing which one he thought was best but he never finished it for some reason. He just got as far as posting a video of all the bullpups that the various stores had sent him. It had the potential to be the most useful review done to date for PCP guns....

A complete review of the Streamline, for me, it has to put it up for direct comparison with the Huntsman and the R10 (as a minimum). That is the decision people will be making. We know they are all great air guns but every reviewer has to have an opinion on which is best... 

I know some of you fellow air gun addicts alread own both a Streamline and Huntman (or an R10). It would be interesting to hear some thoughts on the subject... I.e. Which one would you recommend to a friend etc?

Also, those that also own a Royale, how do they compare? Is the Royals still worth the extra cash now that the Streamline is here etc?

I respect your angle on this Zebra. 

When I first started AEAC, I had a look at the playing field and decided then that I was going to structure AEAC's reviews to give you guys all the information you needed to make an informed decision, and leave the deciding up to you. It's by design that I keep direction out of it. There's already plenty of that in YouTube land and I felt it didn't need another copycat in me. 

I respect that this angle may not be for everyone but it's the culture I prefer so I'm sticking with it.

Best,
Steve

"CaptainBravo"Steve, on that 100 yard group, do you think that single loading the last pellet had anything to do with how far it was from the first four?
Yes, I do. It was either that, I got into a bad pellet, or shot through a ball of gnats down range, lol. It happens. Perhaps someone who owns a Streamline can comment on any POI change at 100 yds when hand loading versus using the magazine?

"mcoulter"Well the Streamline looks like what the AA s510 could/should be.

I has the s510 in .22 and in many ways seems similar to the Streamline EXCEPT my AA was good for just about 30 shots on high power. And with that it had quite a bell curve to the shot count. IMHO any air rifle selling for more than $500 should be regulated ;-)
I thought Steve said it IS regulated? Or did I misunderstand?

Looks like a great gun. Let's see how they hold up in the long run.

I would have liked to see the shot string on low power. I know that's kind of a grind in a review, but it's worth knowing. (esp. when the reviewer has pellet sponsors. ;) )

My guess is that a .22 cal Streamline will go at least 100 shots on power level 1. On level 1 my .22 SL shoots 8fpe compared to 30fpe on level 3 where it'll go at least 60 shots per fill. In .177 cal on level 1 I wouldn't be surprised to see 200 shots. I don't plan on ever using power 1 so I'll never waste that many pellets to find out the count. :^)

I hadn't notice the comb being too low on my Streamline until I read about it here. I have the FX adjustable rings holding up a Hawke Sidewinder. I shouldered it today and I have to say I'm not having trouble obtaining decent cheek weld and maintaining the sight picture in the scope. For those who think its too low but like the gun otherwise, I'd recommend taking it to a reputable wood butcher in the shotgun world and let him turn it into an adjustable.