Watch & Discuss the Brocock Bantam Sniper HP .22!!

Hey There,

That is a tricky with respect to an answer. PCP' s tend to be more the the high end in airguns. It is not just purchasing the air gun but the accessories that support it and work within your wallet.

First off, while I do not own a Brocock (yet!) I do have a high performance costly Air gun, I actually started my journey with break barrels in the 90 - 130 dollar range. My first PCP was a Diana Storm rider with a hand pump. This was low cost and it allowed me to determine if I was going to like air gunning at a pocket affordable cost.

I slowly worked my way up to my first high end air gun as an evolutionary process of out growing my earlier purchases. What you want to consider if you want to jump straight into an air gun like this is your accessories to really take full advantage of you purchase. You really don't want to by a nice air gun only to find you need to purchase higher end supporting components.: (scope, mounts, tripod, air tank or compressor)

My recommendation, study the information on starter PCP air guns. You really don't need to jump into a Lamborghini as your first PCP. There are many starter air guns under or around 300 dollars that work very well. If you honestly enjoy this pastime, you will buy some many more air guns than just the Brocock. At some point you will give each one a purpose in you arsenal.

Enjoy and safe shooting

I am looking for my first air rifle, would this be to advanced for a beginner.

Hi @Phantom037, 

I own this very same rifle. Like @stevencmorris said, trying to answer your simple question is tricky. But my two cents are if you can, go for it! You will quickly find lots of "enablers" here! These air guns can be complex, but on the other hand, there's no reason you can't use them right out of the box. My road to owning this gun was a bit longer and did involve several lower to mid end air rifles. FWIW, most of the guns I have purchased have been used.

The higher end supporting components - specifically the air supply (air tank and/or compressor) has been the absolute most important element to enjoying rifles. My first pcp was a very good Air Arms s510 and at that time I only had a manual pump. That got old FAST. It's not hard to pump, but definitely takes the enjoyment of the hobby down from what it COULD be.

My Brocock Sniper HP came back yesterday (it had to go back for a repair). Checkout this thread where I have shared my experience owning this gun. Yup, there have been some issues or bumps in the road for me, but I'm liking what I'm seeing with this particular gun now!

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/brocock-sniper-hp-in-the-house/page/2/#post-764257

My recommendation, study the information on starter PCP air guns. You really don't need to jump into a Lamborghini as your first PCP. There are many starter air guns under or around 300 dollars that work very well. If you honestly enjoy this pastime, you will buy some many more air guns than just the Brocock. At some point you will give each one a purpose in you arsenal.

That's what I'm doing. I placed an order for a Benjamin Marauder, my first pellet gun in 40 years. I got a huge kick out of guns when I was a kid, and this looks like a fun hobby to resume. I was going to say inexpensive, but with PCP's, yeah, you really can spend a ton on the stuff that goes with it. Compressors, tanks, filters, a pump, a moderator maybe, scopes that can cost two or three times the price of the rifle if you let them, etc. Luckily the Benjamin looks like a fairly unusual gun I might find myself enjoying for a long time, if only because it's so portable and adaptable. I'm going to try to find a folding stock so I can stick it in a backpack and still get the steadiness of a carbine out of it. One day I may definitively outgrow it, but I'm starting (relatively) cheap and think I'll get my money's worth out of it.