Watch & Discuss the Benjamin Fortitude regulated

Steve do you have any suggestions to smoothing up that bolt action other then just normal wear in and is there anything else you would/could do to bring it's performance up a notch?

Feels like something needs polishing and lubing in there but don't think much can be done for cocking force... bigger bolt maybe like Umarex did. Steve

Steve,

Thanks for the earlier reply RE: weight and age suitability. Marksalot picked up on the bolt action too. It seemed as if there were not necessarily dramatic issues with it but while watching you work the action it appeared that cocking did present itself as being a bit less than smooth. Your comment about increased bolt size to get a “handle” on the bolt action was interesting; I could see where that would help. In fact while watching I couldn’t help but think about what a pain it is with my meat paws to reach in under the BugBuster scope on my Benjamin 392. The bolt handle is tiny and the resultant cocking action is a bit rough. 

... Yeah, seems to be one of those things where ya can make it ugly or less friendly, pick your poison. I'm ok with the tiny bolt. I think it looks a lot better than a big one and for the price isn't a big deal. Steve

Thanks Steve for the review. Thanks Benjamin for the opportunity to win the Fortitude Regulated PCP.

I grew up in Texas, think humidity and love bugs. The Air Force moved me all around the US west of the Mississippi except for 10 swell months in Montgomery, Alabama. My next move was to Colorado. My bride decided this is the place to retire, no love bugs, mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers and humidity.

Steve, can you pump this up at 7,400 feet?

I heard the reg doesn't work well. Gauntlet has a bottle, more shots. All I can say is this. I give Crosman credit. They have a quick disconnect on every gun. Higher end guns with probes including Air Arms. Do you know why I don't buy yours? Probes. Plain & simple. O-rings get cut even when chamfered right. Have to lube the probe. Ever have a whip hit you somewhere between 1200-2000psi? No? Yes? I have but I don't trust them now. It was not an Air Arms. Any Rainstorm I'm keeping gets Will Oiatts replacement fill in end of tube. Not cheap but worth it.