• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Watch & Discuss the Benjamin Fortitude regulated

The trigger issue has been addressed, so that leaves the bolt. There are several ways to reduce the feel of a hard to pull bolt. I noticed looking at the pictures that the Fortitude handle looks smaller than the Marauder. The hole in the block may be rough drilled, It could be reamed with a slightly larger reamer which would reduce the binding. Another possibility is to put your index finger higher on the handle near the bolt so you are pulling straight back and not at an angle.

Thanks to everyone who provided input. It has it's good points and not so good points. Seems the best point is that it doesn't cost as much as an MRod or some of the other big dollar PCP's out there. I personally don't own a PCP rifle, yet, because of the costs involved. I do have several break barrel's. My .177 has but many squirrels in the stew pot and it's the one I taught my daughter how to shoot with. She can shoot the hair of a frogs butt now because she learned the importance of proper control, trigger, breathing, hand hold, and gun mount. 

When I finally get the extra $ I hope to get into a PCP rifle and go to the next level.

Many of the fortitudes have issues. I have ordered two but have had problems with both which necessitated my returning them. The first one required too much force to retract the bolt. I tried 5 magazines and none of them would fit the breech. The new one sent with the gun was defective so I tried marauder mags but none would work. I single fed 14.3 jsb pellets and it was accurate at 25 yards averaging about one inch groups. The second gun I received was very inaccurate. I couldn’t even shoot two inch groups at 25 yards with five or six different pellets. The gun was loose in the stock and couldn’t be tightened with the stock bolt tightened to it’s maximum torque. The scope couldn’t be zeroed because it ran out of right adjustment. As everyone knows the trigger is very very hard to pull. The bolt was very hard to retract on this gun also. Perhaps in time these issues will be resolved. The gun handles nicely and only weighs 5.3 lbs. I averaged about 720-740 FPS with jsb 22 pellets. This works out to almost 17 FPE enough for 25 to 35 yd kills in my opinion. You can get 60 good shots and ten more not quite as good when the gun comes off the regulator. The Fortitude will fill a certain niche with some air gunners. If you purchase one accept the fact that the bolt retracts very hard and the trigger is at east six pounds of pull.