Watch & Discuss the Benjamin Fortitude regulated

Yup, I subscribed. 

Also found a video about making the trigger lighter. 

I am also going to look at the Bugbuster 3x12 for my Gamo Swarm after I try to fix the original scope for barrel droop. :)

Have you considered doing a "Best Entry level comparison, PCP vs. Break barrel, Performance and pros and cons"?

Every year I do a "year's most memorable" column on my website aeaconline.com that may be of help to ya.

2017 is up there now... 2018 will replace it in January/February of 2019. Steve

Michael & AEAC,

Couple of points/questions, what components do you feel made it so light, It seemed for instance the trigger was a hard mold injected plastic (was it?) , not that a trigger assembly is all that heavy but simply an example. Was the stock hollow at the butt end? 

Its a very nice looking rifle and I’d seriously consider it for my grandson as his first exposure to sport shooting. Is the length something a ten year old could handle off a bench? Or older? 

George

Michael & AEAC,

Couple of points/questions, what components do you feel made it so light, It seemed for instance the trigger was a hard mold injected plastic (was it?) , not that a trigger assembly is all that heavy but simply an example. Was the stock hollow at the butt end? 

Its a very nice looking rifle and I’d seriously consider it for my grandson as his first exposure to sport shooting. Is the length something a ten year old could handle off a bench? Or older? 

George

Hi George. Michael hasn't had his hands on the Fortitude yet... he's to busy practicing for EBR with his Redwolf, haha.

Theres just not much to the gun. It's a marauder pistol receiver with marauder guts and some new stuff along with a tiny 135cc reservoir. The stock is hollow plastic from the grip back but is very rigid and feels of good quality. The trigger blade and guard are plastic too. Any length ought to help you guys on the bench. A 10 year old may struggle with the OEM trigger. That's an easy fix though. Best, Steve

Thanks for the chance to win!

Very nice pellet rifle. I watched the whole review and commented on youtube, but forgot to leave a comment here. 

I only have co2 and break barrel airguns still, and haven't got around to buying my first pcp rifle & pump yet, partly due to budget constraints after being involved in a crash in 2016.

Overall I'd say this one seems quite impressive, and with the full kit for the giveaway including scope, pump, pellets, and everything, it's a cool way to get started in the pcp world! 

Steve do you have any suggestions to smoothing up that bolt action other then just normal wear in and is there anything else you would/could do to bring it's performance up a notch?

Feels like something needs polishing and lubing in there but don't think much can be done for cocking force... bigger bolt maybe like Umarex did. Steve

Steve,

Thanks for the earlier reply RE: weight and age suitability. Marksalot picked up on the bolt action too. It seemed as if there were not necessarily dramatic issues with it but while watching you work the action it appeared that cocking did present itself as being a bit less than smooth. Your comment about increased bolt size to get a “handle” on the bolt action was interesting; I could see where that would help. In fact while watching I couldn’t help but think about what a pain it is with my meat paws to reach in under the BugBuster scope on my Benjamin 392. The bolt handle is tiny and the resultant cocking action is a bit rough. 

I now own a Crosman Optimus with a internet inspired amateur tune, the gold trigger and a Nikon scope. It was a great intro to air guns and is crazy accurate most of the time but due to the recoil accuracy at range is lacking. I'm pushing H&N 14.66's 730 fps but the hold sensitivity is extreme and my pellets have to be the 5.55. I'm hoping if the Fortitude has barrel similar to mine with little recoil the hold sensitivity will be more forgiving. I also would like to try other pellets but my Optimus is really restricted by needing 5.55. I want to step up to the PCP world for hunting and it looks like the Fortitude would be a great place to start.