Watch & Discuss the Benjamin Fortitude regulated

Thoughts on this compared to the Gauntlet?

I feel like the Gauntlet would be the better 100 yard or prarie gun on account of it's extra weight and ability to easily tune up for more power. It's realy flexy though so not sure how one would overcome that on the sticks or bipod, and the sling studs are poorly placed. Walking around for point-n-shoot hunting inside of 50 yards, the Fortitude would be a better choice in my eyes cuz it's so light. It's also super rigid so should be a great bipod or shooting sticks gun... kinda best of both worlds if ya can get past the lack of 100 yard power. Hand pumpers will definitely appreciate the Fortitude more. Tinkerers should appreciate the Gauntlet more. Both have tough triggers out of the box but both can be easily made nice. Cocking on either isn't great. The Crosman feels small. The Umarex feels giant.

Steve

Steve do you have any suggestions to smoothing up that bolt action other then just normal wear in and is there anything else you would/could do to bring it's performance up a notch?

Feels like something needs polishing and lubing in there but don't think much can be done for cocking force... bigger bolt maybe like Umarex did. Steve

What impressed me was that in one of the tests you put 4 shots in practically the same hole. If not for the outlier that group would have been miniscule. I wish you talked about that little bit and how often it happened.

Also, please talk about the scope you are using. It did not look like the scope.being given away ... 

Scope used was discussed in the Vlog vid 👍. Steve

I think that maybe reged to 1800 would bring the ftbl up to 20 where ir might be a great starter for the shilouette and field target. I don't mind maybe 35-40 shots per charge. This will make a great farm gun as I live on 1 acre and the fields around us provide racoon and scunks to get rid of as well as the occasional rattlesnakes. I still will have to learn to shoot right handed since I lost the vision in the left and being so light it would be great next to the Quigley Modoc and Daystate wolverine 303. Thanks for the great review and everyone have a awesome airgunning season! Powermonger