Watch & Discuss the Air Venturi Avenger!!

I have a feeling that given the accuracy of "budget" air rifles as of late (out to 100yds) that the premier, i.e. expensive air rifles are going to push their distances out further and have more BC at those distances. I mean the guys over at 68 Whiskey, Matt and the SA boys have been hitting their mark at impressive ranges (for air rifles). I hope I'm right. 500+ yd air rifle hunting would be awesome.

I recieved my Avenger in .25 yesterday, mounted the scope and bipod, turned down both the reg & hammer spring. I filled it with air. Took it out early this afternoon (before the rain). Reg psi at 1750, hammer spring 1.5 turns in, I'm getting 855 fps with 25.39 jsb kings. Didn't really count shots, I estimate in excess of 70. More interested in getting it roughly sighted in. This is just a rough sight in & rough preliminary tune. 1/2 inch groups at 25 yards, 1inch at 50 yards!!! I haven't put a hundred pellets thru it yet!!! I'm SERIOUSLY IMPRESSED.... WOW!!! I may need to trade my field target gun in on an Avenger in .177!

I have high hopes for this gun but I'm going to wait till more reviews are posted before taking the plunge. I remember when the Mrod 1st came out, I bought two soon after release and they didn't live up to the hype. I'm really liking what I'm hearing and seeing and the funds are already allocated for a .177 and a .22. I'll be watching this one closely.

Steve, great review....as always.