Watch & Discuss the Air Venturi Avenger!!

Looks like a great gun! I’m guessing .22 is is probably the most commonly purchased cal in many PCPs, still, as someone whose primary use is hunting - I’ll take a .25 over a .22 every time (more energy transfer into the animal = cleaner/quicker kills - all other things being equal). So, would love to see more .25 cal reviews when that as an available cal on the gun being reviewed. Great review though....thanks for all the work putting it together!

Is a compressor a must for this gun?

No. I have the .22 and the Air Venturi (Hill) Mk4 hand pump. Out of the box, the Avenger regulator seems to be set to the highest power, just under 3000psi. The gun arrived with about 200psi, so I had a long way to go to get to 4300psi, but not that big a deal - but yes it was work! I have shot 40+ rounds so far and still on the reg. It will be easier to just 'top off' the gun when the psi gets to the reg psi setting.

I intend to dial down the reg to the 'ECO' mode since I really do not need such a cannon! And I'll get alot more shots per fill.

KM

Took delivery of my Avenger .25 July 29,fitted and zeroed scope (Hawke Vantage) regulator seemed maxed out so all first testing was out of the box.

Using a FX radar,first pellets I tested JSB Exact King .25 25,39gr average speed was 944 fps,so running HOT

Next up was NSA slugs 26,8gr average speed was 904 fps.

From what I`m seeing from other users/reviewers,dropping the reg pressure to around 2700psi for maybe a slug tune,2500psi for pellet tune.

Going to degas rifle and lower reg and work my may up for a good pellet tune,will also adjust H/S accordingly 

I received my .177 last Friday, topped it off with a new helix. I am loving the rifle but have run into an issue I wanted to run by you guys and maybe get some advice. The rifle jams intermittently when using the 10 shot factory magazine. Has probably happened 4 or 5 times over the past couple days. 

During normal re-cocking the pellet probe appears to hit a wall while pushing the pellet into the breach. I am unable to complete the loading and the magazine gets stuck with half the pellet in the breach and the rest hung up on the magazine. I literally have to force the magazine out, which shears the pellet in half while pushing on the side of the mag.

Has anyone else run into this issue? I imagine the larger calibers would be impossible to get free. 

Can anyone think of a better way to free the Marauder style magazine from the breach? Or trick to avoid the jamming issue entirely?

Just installed adapter and DonnyFL Tanto with the cone end cap(adds a lil clearance for fill ups on my .25). And WOWWWWW what a difference very very backyard friendly no matter what tune! The adapter was $45(easy install), the Tanto $99, MONEY WELL SPENT! Y'all got to try this amazing the difference. The rifle is .25 but the can is .30, ABSOLUTELY no clipping g whatsoever!!

Well I finally got around to installing a cheap BSA scope 3-9x40 to see how the accuracy is with a un-preferred scope until i can afford an Airmax. Set regulator to 1500psi, HS 1.5 in and hand pumped to 3100psi. Using 18gr JSB Jumbo Heavy's i got 35 shots @ an average 860fps at the muzzle, that's 29fpe! I didn't have a very good bench rest setup and was just using a cheap loose bipod and shop stool to sit on and the worse 10 pellet grouping I got was < .75 at 15yds. The large tank on this gun takes a lot of pumps just to move the needle so I have a Yong Heng on order. Wasn't bad hand pumping my Fortitude Gen 2, but this rifle can go way beyond what a hand pump can do. Between this rifle and my Fortitude I think I have a pretty good lineup for plinking and hunting. I don't even use my Gamo Urban anymore, regulated air rifles are the way to go IMO.