• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Watch & Discuss the Air Arms ProSport .22 in Walnut!!

Good review & pretty good shooting, until that last shot!
1f601.svg
Maybe just skip it?? I like the looks & performance. Am curious about the amount of force required to cock the underlever. Appeared it was substantial, but you used good technique to compensate. Thanks for the review.

Watch the Vlog. Discussed in there quite a bit for ya 👍 Steve

What a nice looking real wood and steel rifle! Very nice review and I echo the unequaled accuracy of that springer, wow.

thanks for the review, I enjoyed the video, and wondered if the 5th shot would pop at 50. Sometimes ya just have to groan when it happens.

later Steve

Mark Hogan

Yeah, that was my bad I think... got a little high on the blade when it broke. Steve 

Very nice looking gun. Much cleaner than the TX and HW97. I am wondering though.....why no ratchet anti bear trap mechanism on the ProSport like on the TX? Which gun came first and was the mechanism added or deleted from the latter of the two designs?

Great question! I know Air Arms reads everything you guys say here in these RDW discussion threads. Perhaps they'll speak up.. eh-hem Claire?? 😁

Great review Steve and great Rifle. I want this gun!!! I have both the Pro Sport and TX HC in .177 cal. I use the TX for benchrest and the Pro Sport for silhouette matches. I really need this .22 for hunting. I tune my TX to 12 ft lbs and is a joy to cock and shoot. I left the Pro Sport stock and it has plenty of power to knock over the silhouettes at 66m. Good luck to all, great package and thank you sponsors for the donations.

1557665765_9898678175cd817e5e7b8f8.06296332_72216ED7-7075-4E97-BABF-A69784DD5092.jpeg

So, what are the changes/enhancements of the current rifle compared to the original model. IIRC, the .177 version is the very first rifle that Paul Watts professionally tuned. We were at the Nationals in Mississippi (remember the school bus target?) - and Paul came by to allow us to try out his prototype which was the smoothest springer I had ever shot. That includes even the JW-65 that I was using in the competition. It was absolutely "dead" and dead on. He then announced that he was going to start a business as a serious custom shop. Wow, did he ever. Just as AZ is the best custom PCP tuner, IMHO, Paul is the best spring gun man. No offence to anyone here, But in terms of creating a totally custom and functional work of art, Paul is the man!

Since then I have shot a few and they reminded me of a good TX. Otherwise, have very little experience with them. Any info concerning the quality and accuracy of an out-of-the-box ProSport would be greatly appreciated.