Watch & Discuss AEAC's Video Review of the Kalibrgun Cricket II Tactical .30!!!

This isn't meant to reflect negatively on Steve, his videos are always well done. His homework has obviously been done, and the quality is there, though I do miss the humor and outtakes from the end of some of his older videos. However, I was surprised at some, mostly just one really, quirks on a gun of this class. It obviously a nice gun, very accurate, looks good, but the fiddliness of the magazine seems really odd. To go to all the work to get this number of shots per fill, at this level of accuracy, and then leave the magazines like that seems off somehow. The presence of a hammer spring adjuster that you really can't use seems weird too. 

Still, I wouldn't mind owning it. :)

When you were mentioning that you couldn't get anymore hammer spring adjustments..... could you either make a heavier hammer spring, or add some washers to the spring to preload it more? Steve was mentioning that slugs are a bit fussy with the mags.... is there a single shot try option that could be used, or any way to modify a mag to work for only slugs? Seems like a huge miss from the MFG to limit the rifle to only pellets. They had to have known that at the caliber the gun is that people are going to want to shoot slugs out of it.

Really like the look of this one, but shouldn't buy another one as I just got a new gun :D

Steve, 

I just watched last night. Great video and thank you for what you do. I was looking at the up close portion of the video where you tested the trigger pull weight. Not sure if you mentioned it and I missed it but is the trigger blade plastic/polymer or is it a metal trigger?

I originally thought it was metal but it could be poly. Traditionally Kalibrgun has used metal triggers on everything I've seen outta them, which has been a lot. I'd check for ya but the gun is boxed back up for the winner already :)

Steve

Steve,

I am wondering if you mentioned to the manufacturer the desire to increase speed for slugs and what they had to say about it. Did you discuss this with them?

Thanks for all your wealth of information.

Dave

I discussed this with the U.S. distributor AoA/Precision Airgun Distribution. They agreed with me that with that non-choked LW poly barrel doing so well with slugs (outta the wind) that a little more speed might get them there. They agreed with me that the .30 cal needs more HS bandwidth and they have the ability to effect this change with the manufacturer.

Steve

That is a lot of work to do these sort of reviews (I've seen a bunch). I hope it is worth your time through positive feedback and whatever small commissions you earn. Thanks for being honest about that too..

Thank you but fear not, I charge for my time appropriately and earn a very good living.

... kind spirited audience feedback is good fuel too though :)

Best, Steve

Steve,

I am wondering if you mentioned to the manufacturer the desire to increase speed for slugs and what they had to say about it. Did you discuss this with them?

Dave

I discussed this with the U.S. distributor AoA/Precision Airgun Distribution. They agreed with me that with that non-choked LW poly barrel doing so well with slugs (outta the wind) that a little more speed might get them there. They agreed with me that the .30 cal needs more HS bandwidth and they have the ability to effect this change with the manufacturer.

Steve

Steve,

Dave

Steve

I’m interested in how the manufacturer responds to this sort of feedback and criticism.