Watch & Discuss AEAC's Full Vid Review, Vlog & Tuning Guide of the FX Maverick!!

Steve,

Great video... thanks.

I an a noobie to both air guns and tuning, but I had an idea that I would like your feedback on. It is in reference to setting your own "IHS 0." Rather than relying on the “factory 0” and somehow keeping track of the number of CW and CCW twists that you have given it over time, what if you were able to very easily set your own “0” point of reference without having to ever take the hammer assembly off. This could be done simply by screwing the adjustment screw CW until it is completely shut and then backing out the screw CCW five (5) full turns. This should set the screw to approximately 3 mm out, which is approximately ½ of its travel length. All subsequent tunes could be based on that starting point, which in effect becomes your own “IHS 0.” After setting up a tune and recording it, one could “start over” by simply fully screwing in the adjustment screw and then backing out to the “IHS 0” by turning it CCW for 5 full turns.

Is this an obvious solution (duh, I’m a noobie), or is this a good idea?

Thanks!

I HAVE JUST FINISHED WATCHING YOUR MAVRICK VIDEO AND AS I HAVE WATCHED PRETTY MUCH EVERY VIDEO ON THE MAVRICK (CAUSE I AM IN PROSSESS OF BUYING A SNIPER VERSION THAT IS IF I CAN MAKE UP MY MIND BETWEEN IT AND THE IMPACT III ) I WOULD LIKE TO ACKNOWLADGE JUST HOW MUCH BETTER YOUR INFO AND APPROCH WAS THAN ALL THE OTHERS I HAVE SEEN I AM NOW A SUSCRIBER OF BOTH YOUR CHANNELS AND LOOK FOWARD TO MORE VIDEOS

BIG AL PLUARD

Thanks for this great vlog ! 

I ve a compact version in .22cal. The problem was i tuned and changed the setup so often, that now the shot string is jumping 30fps up and down and i dont find the perfect harmony of HS and Reg.

I saw in your video that you saved the position of the IHS and called it "IHS 0" From this point you went clockwise to decraese and CCW to increase, 

How do i find this point (IHS 0) again ? 

Thanks for any help