• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Washington Post says hunting wild venison most eco friendly food on planet!!!

This is definitely a OMG / Holy Batman etc etc because WHERE it is coming from. I won’t comment anymore…I think everything speaks for itself. Yes, this blew me away!!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/food/2021/09/23/venison-eco-friendly-hunting/

BA4AEE15-9BF2-4003-847F-2629A8E45586.1632524903.jpeg

So what is the point of the article? A deer creates 15 kilograms of methane per deer per year. If you look at it per animal, that’s only about one-quarter of what a beef steer emits. On the other hand a steer can weigh as much as 10 times what a deer weighs, so on a per-pound basis, deer are responsible for more methane than cattle.

The only thing that makes a deer more “eco-friendly” is how the statistics are counted. Because we “raise” cattle the methane gas created counts as a negative against the eco stats. Because deer are wild and we don’t create the methane it is not counted statistically in the eco chart Deer do way more general crop and assorted plant destruction than steer. They destroy entire mountains if it were not for predators. Deer are not content just eating grass.

The article contraditcted itself WAY more than it supported the article title. It was as if the title was just a catch phrase to get you to understand how rediculous such statistical data is counted. I sure would not mind paying $20 for a steer permit then go shoot two and fill my freezers with 1500lbs for the year.

95% of the world's biomass is in the form of beef, pigs, and chickens, and 5% is in the form of wild animals. A regular size feedlot will have 98,000 cows being bulked up with antibiotics in preparation for slaughter. Factory pig farms in the USA commonly have more than 1,000 pigs and they produce an enormous amount of waste that goes into the rivers and lakes and bays. Deer may spread disease (but most of these diseases origninated with cattle and were passed along to deer and bison and moose) and deer may be involvved in traffic accidents with inattentive drivers, but deer are a trivial component in gas emissions driving global warming.

Deer control by hunters has never been effective and I would have to guess that that is intentional. Killing off a male and not a female is a great way to insure that the overall population continues to expand as a single male will impregnate a dozen does. 

Welllllll, that was…….different. I am glad that she tried, I think that she would do well to get together with some home grown country folks to show her the reality of farming vs hunting. Unfortunately to me, it seems like she suffers from the Bambi syndrome. Also the added costs and other Ummmmm energy expenditures from hunting. Granted it is not the same for everyone. My Dad can harvest a deer in the yard and does so (a couple times) every year other than that he walks to the back 80 and hunts there. I don’t believe that he has ever not filled all his tags. I have to drive 90miles 1 way to hunt and sometimes miss the entire season due to work. For my Dad it is more cost effective and uses less resources/energy to hunt, so he does and doesn’t buy beef. Me, I buy a half beef every year and hunt to keep my skills up and fill in the gaps in the freezer.

Wait, is Washington post telling people killing Bambi is good? Have they gone mad? They “should” know they will be hit with get full furry of tofu Karens aka their normal readers! 

even if they are right about deers are better for the planet and we all go kill ourselves a deer……where are all the deers going to come from? Deers don’t grown on trees like tofu last time I checked.

Same illiterate dumb MFers telling people to eat lots of fish, it’s good for you. Fish don’t grow on trees either so our oceans are empty and then we poop in our oceans so much fish and game have to put out guidelines telling people which fish you can have 1 serving once a month and which fish you shouldn’t eat at all!!! How did we end up this low?