• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Washing pellets

I do it all the time with my hornady cleaner I had it for cleaning my brass so I gave it a try using hot water a squirt of dawn and a few drops of jet dry (same stuff use in dish washer) the jet dry is a wetting agent which should make the soap more effective it essentially makes water wetter. I use hot water and run it for 6 minutes then drain and rinse I put a piece of mesh screening in basket so pellets don’t drop through. I dry them in a 175 degree convection oven for 20 minutes then I sort and weigh. I can’t honestly say if it does a better job but since I don’t swish them around with fingers I have less bent skirts.

I use a sonic washer always. I run a full tin through 2 - 5 minute cycles, very hot water and use Blitz cleaning solution. I use nylon mesh to wrap the basket so the pellets don't fall through the holes. I have tested cleaned vs not cleaned .... cleaned pellets definitely tightened up the groups. Just examine all the crud at the bottom of the sonic cleaner, that debris on the pellet would probably mean flier.

Pappy