was going to buy an fx impact but????

that was last year and am not set to buy my first raw a bm500 in stead of the fx impact I was going to buy last year.
​I think the quality of the impact clearly sucks. almost ever where I turn or read impact owners having trouple with guns breaking and or not working right.
raw is one company I keep hearing great things about and I will be placing my order for my raw any day now.
​and I like having to wait for my gun to be made.. it makes it more special when you have a custom air gun made for you.
so what do you think guys. do you think I'm making the right choice by getting a raw bm500 over the fx impact

for an air rifle.. weight and length are very important . it helps the keep the rifle stable and pointing in one place.
​I did 2 months or reading and research and it has lead me to one gun maker... raw.
​I own daystate air wolf and an air airs s510 limited edition..
​the raw will be my next air rifle. my main concern is durability and accuracy.
in my mind the raw won out over the fx

I don't know anything about a RAW, and i can't condemn every FX Impact, because there are some good reviews and even major tournaments that have been won by somebody shooting one. But there are several reviews, comments that there has been issues. I think several owners have had problems, probably ones that should never occurred. But this is the internet, you know Fake news, axes to grind etc. so, everything with a grain of salt.

I've had Harley Davidson's for years, still do, currently a 2015 CVO street glide, and if you went on a few forums you would swear that the shifting linkage is the worse in the world, the dog gone heel shifter keeps breaking. Well they've been making that shifter that way for 50 years, and my personal experience (never had an issue in about 100K miles) is that if you use the shift linkage like you are trying to crush a beer can, it will eventually most likely slip/break etc.

I posted the above because of an issue i read on FX that the cocking lever pin broke, now it may be an issue or could it be operator error, i don't know, if it is operator error i'd still say it should be a little beefier. A complicated gun, a lot valves, o rings etc. cool, but more things to go wrong.

I too was interested but while there are a lot of things that i like about it, if and that is a Big IF i buy another gun, it will have a traditional stock, with thumb hole, you've go to get comfortable, with a good cheek weld to shoot good consistently. ( at least i do ) So for me anything other than a good stock that will allow that, even tho i think it is a cool gun, i can't go for.

Good luck, maybe some actual owners will post.

I own an FX Impact and have only had a small leak that was easily fixed. I have shot thousands of pellets through it. I have also read all of the negative reviews. People will most likely spend the time to write about something going wrong with it than they will if everything is working properly. I love the accuracy from such a short platform. If length isn't something you care about their are lots of great traditional rifles out there.

I was in your same position about a year ago, couldn't decide between the looks and customizing ability of the Impact or the solid build and dependabilty of the RAW HM1000X

In the end I went with a RAW HM1000X LTR in .30cal, ZERO regrets. Most accurate gun I've ever owned, not one issue with the rifle since I bought it a year ago and if I ever need to service it I know I can change all the seals myself.

Go with the RAW you wont be disapointed, you can always keep that one for benchrest shooting and if you ever want something more portable get the Impact...or another RAW in .25 with a shortened barrell which is what I plan to do.

Regards

Two completely different things. The BM500 is a target rifle. It is absolutely the gun to buy if you plan on entering some benchrest matches. It is absolutely not the gun to choose if you plan on hiking through the woods with it on a hunting trip.

If the toaster you were going to buy has problems, you don't buy a coffee machine instead, you find another toaster. 

I can understand changing your mind on the impact. I did the same thing myself but for anyone here to offer advice that is worth anything, you have to say what you plan on using it for. 

I considered the impact last year but turned my nose at it and swore id never buy another air gun again.. the fx guns seem to have way to many issues for the price they are selling for.
​seems the raw got my interest back up to to the good reviews and the quality and loving hands on attention.
​I know a raw will last and last.. an fx well that's a toss up and hit and miss