• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

WARP .22 who has one?

"BigTinBoat"
"balllistic"Right now based on my research I'm leaning towards a Mutant Shorty with a black stock. 26-27FPE is fine for me, that's right where I have my Talon SS tuned with 18.1gr JSB Exact Jumbo Heavies. The stock is fine for its purpose, although I'd probably add a short rail section on the forestock for a bipod or handstop and would like to get it sent out for a Soft Touch finish (love Soft Touch on my Daystate Air Wolf MCT Tactical). 

I do a lot of my pesting from an interior mudroom door with the exterior door open, so the very short size for maneuverability is incredibly attractive as well the universal reports of how quiet and incredibly accurate it is.

Still haven't ruled out the WARP though. Taking my time to research.
Having owned both a Mutant (Standard) and a Flex I can say that going with the Mutant is a better choice. (IMHO)

Here's why:
1) Even though he "upgrades" the regulator with a Ninja Piston, the regulator body itself is CHINESE junk. Not sure why (other then cost) someone would put a Chinese regulator in a "Made in USA" gun. Originally he was paying $100 for the JDS Airman regs and he was just passing the cost on to customers. I put a Ninja piston into my regulator (and I must warn everyone that JDS does NOT advocate this and advises it is dangerous) and forwarded my much improved results to Travis. I then directed him to the Ninja pistons and even helped him locate the regulator bodies that he is now using. He is now getting the regulators for $20 each and the Ninja pistons for about $15. I figured he would pass the "savings" on to the new purchasers........but guess what? He still charges $100 for the regulator.
2) The Mutant magazine is MUCH better then the MRod "style" used on the WAR .25. I paid $50 for an additional mag from WAR and then I picked up an MRod mag for $10 and epoxied a washer to it and it works just as well as the WAR. Neither magazine is as accurate as the SS tray. I stopped using my mags for shots over 25yds.
3) The side lever on the Mutant is smoother/easier to work then the WAR (Flex)
4) The Mutant trigger is better then the Timney single stage my Flex had.
5) My personal experience is that the Mutant sold much quicker then the Flex and retained more of it's original valve.
6) If you post anything on the forums (that Travis has access to) that is not 100% supporting him, you will get a nasty PM "telling" you what to do. If you report him to the moderators you will be "told" more of the same. You will then likely be banned from posting and replying to PM's.

And now that I'm posting this I'm guessing he will be calling me a Troll as he calls Zebra. But I can guarantee you 100% that everything I have posted above is either personal knowledge, or information told to me by Travis himself.

Just so everyone has more up to date information. I placed an order with Travis a couple of weeks ago.

1) The regulator now comes standard on both Flex and Warp. There is NO extra charge.
2) He now has new magazines that he claims are much better than the old ones, and I believe he dropped the price down for extra ones.
3) I agree, I wish they had a side lever.
4) Both Flex and Warp now come with Timney Calvin Elite two stage trigger.
5) True. Any well known brand retains more of its original value than a less popular brand. Doesn't necessarily mean that it's better.
6) We'll see what he posts regarding your comment. Haha :) But he is pretty good with texting or taking calls if you have questions.

Hope this helps. God bless.

Reactions: mmahoney
"FrgnRedneck"
Just so everyone has more up to date information. I placed an order with Travis a couple of weeks ago.

1) The regulator now comes standard on both Flex and Warp. There is NO extra charge.
2) He now has new magazines that he claims are much better than the old ones, and I believe he dropped the price down for extra ones.
5) True. Any well known brand retains more of its original value than a less popular brand. Doesn't necessarily mean that it's better.
6) We'll see what he posts regarding your comment. Haha :) But he is pretty good with texting or taking calls if you have questions.

1) Base price now up to $1880 and $1649
2) Please report back with up on the "Improvements" when you get them.
4) I do know this, but not sure that the 2nd stage of the 2 stage trigger will break any different then the single
5) Not sure how the Mutant would be any more "well known", didn't the Flex come out before the Mutant?
6) Agree - he is available and accommodating......until you don't agree

"BigTinBoat"
"FrgnRedneck"

4) I do know this, but not sure that the 2nd stage of the 2 stage trigger will break any different then the single
5) Not sure how the Mutant would be any more "well known", didn't the Flex come out before the Mutant?

1) I agree, the price is high regardless of the regulator, but hey, I am glad to support a US based company. (Please note, I do own European guns Haha :) )
2) I sure will
4) Well, I hear a lot of good things about the Calvin Elite trigger. Again, I will report back once I get it.
5) Taipan is a bigger company with more manpower and several distributors/retailers in the US. So obviously there is much more information about the Mutant on the web. That's what makes it more well known.
6) We'll see.. Worst case scenario, I live a few hours away from him, I'll drive there and see him in person. Haha :)

Thanks for the input guys. One of the main factors is cost as it is for most people, and the Mutant is considerably less before even getting into options like a 480cc CF bottle and upgraded stock/grip options. Don't get me wrong, I prefer buying and supporting "Made in the USA" and am willing to pay the premium if the quality, performance, and support is where it should be at that cost.

One of the things that would be informative would be a full video review of the WARP from a reviewer like Matt, Steve, or Ted.

BigTinBoat
"FrgnRedneck"

Really depends what you like I guess. The Timney triggers are one of the best triggers out there. I got the 2nd production WARP and first production .25. Came with the 2 stage trigger and the price was $1649 back then and that was over 6 months ago. No prices have ever gone up on the WARP or Flex ever so not sure what you mean by base price "now up" been that high since the start. Travis has been working on alot of things lately like I believe he was going to start switch all hammers over to MDS nylon and also just joined forces with Mr. Cothran and soon going to start having cothran valves in all the WAR guns.

"Dairyboy"
Really depends what you like I guess. The Timney triggers are one of the best triggers out there. I got the 2nd production WARP and first production .25. Came with the 2 stage trigger and the price was $1649 back then and that was over 6 months ago. No prices have ever gone up on the WARP or Flex ever so not sure what you mean by base price "now up" been that high since the start. Travis has been working on alot of things lately like I believe he was going to start switch all hammers over to MDS nylon and also just joined forces with Mr. Cothran and soon going to start having cothran valves in all the WAR guns.

That's good if he included the regulator at list cost. I haven't been on GTA since my posting right were removed, but I'm certain that it was less then 6 months ago where Travis posted the regulators were $100 "upgrade".

I'm certain Travis is working on a LOT of things. He does that. Usually (re)"invents" old ideas. Just look at each of his "products" for stopping hammer bounce. The NBH, the SSG and now the TSS. If you look you will find the basis for each of these "ideas" from over 10 years ago. Funny how when Shorty on GTA was using a SSS that the SSG was "much easier cocking". Now Travis is "working" on the TSS (basically dual SSS with an adjuster) and it is now much easier cocking then the SSG. Funny how "research" works.........

I wonder how many guys out there spent $100 on a NBH, then replaced it with a $100 SSG and are now replacing it with a $70 TSS?

Anyway why don't we get back to the information the OP was looking for? Funny how when someone mentions something that could be construed as "negative" towards the Flex the subject gets diverted.......

Travis asked me to post this for everyones knowledge as he cannot post here himself. From Travis "The original Regulated flex came with a chines reg with internals from Ninja WHY because no one in the USA makes a 18mm reg body that fits the big 480cc carbon bottle and infact almost all regs. are made in china not the USA . We no longer use the regs sourced direct from china as we have switched over to a Titanium tube and have NINJA make and set up our regs for us.Just call Ninja if you dont believe that. Third we have a complete new MDS hammer design and have partnered with Cothran machine shop to produce High power balanced valves for WAR. Call Don if you dont believe that LOL. Believe little of what you read and if you want the truth just call me Im more than willing to divulge any info or just chat. Travis 1-661-904-7046 Ow Im not scary or have the air gun mafia as some have said and find the remark funny almost flattering LOL.There is limited info on this forum due to the fact I and those who have posted about our products have been booted off of AGN so thats why it may seem to those here were secretive, We are not and there is tons of info out there just Google search or check Youtube or call!!!! Tim thank you and I hope this doesnt get you booted as well. 

"TimTebow"and have partnered with Cothran machine shop to produce High power balanced valves for WAR. Call Don if you dont believe that LOL. Believe little of what you read and if you want the truth just call me Im more than willing to divulge any info or just chat.

Funny that he gets a Cothran valve in for a customer, then suddenly he says he has been in the process of "designing" a balanced valve, then he posts all over the place about getting a threatening email from someone close the Don.......now he is buying Don's valve. What ever happened to "His" design? Sounds to me like it wasn't as easy as he thought to be a copycat in this instance......

I hope the original poster doesn't listen to these guys all be it 2 who repeatedly attack WAR on other forums and here also. Just call the man! Done listening to children bicker. I seen on GTA he would send it to you and you'd get a 100% refund if you didn't like it that to me says it all! He must believe in his products I know I do. This thread needs to be put back on topic In my opinion. And to put it back I'd like to say I've never shot a Mutant but read nothing but good things. My age has made shooting bullpups almost impossible as they are twitchy to me and that's why I sold my cricket. Bye the way the cricket is a fine shooter in the right hands you should look at their new offerings.

Not my intention to start a pissing contest, didn't know there was so much controversy and vitriol. I'm not one to be easily persuaded by people with agendas, just looking for honest impressions from real WARP owners. If you are one (past or present) and aren't comfortable commenting in a post for one reason or another, feel free to PM me. In the meantime, thanks to all who have contributed on topic in a constructive manner. Like I said, I'll probably end up giving Travis a call at some point if the WARP remains a contender.

And a side note for Mr big boat Don called War and made them a deal they couldn't refuse on his valves, they cannot make balanced valves at the price point Don offered and that's straight from the horses mouth. So settle down young man it's all good and your trying to make something out of nothing. Anyway I don't have to defend WAR I chose to because I believe in them and USA made products. I remember when Toyota started making trucks and thought FORD better step up their game well 40 years later Ford is still number 1. I'm getting old and grumpy but I know I'd feed my house before I feed my neighbors. 

"TimTebow"
"zebra"I asked about the Warp on here a while ago. For some reason anyone with something bad to say did it through PM instead of on an open thread. I assume Travis must be a scary guy or something.

I was getting quite excited about buying one at the time. Feedback was 50% good and 50% mediocre. There wasn't that many quality data points though but it was enough to make me put the decision on ice until I heard a few more opinions.

I was desperately looking for the expensive air gun that was guaranteed to arrive looking, feeling and shooting at a level that reflected the price. I had this romanticized view of the enthusiast owner business carefully and painstakingly checking every detail but that was quickly shattered by what I was told. 

The general point was that a WAR product was no more or less likely to arrive with problems and rough edges than any other brand. For the price they were / are asking for one with a reg, cf bottle and slightly longer barrel, it wasn't worth the risk to me.

I remain interested in the Warp so if you do buy one, I would appreciate hearing honest feedback. I haven't totally gone off the idea. I just need more data points to get comfy with the price. 

The main thing when I priced it up (with the options I would have wanted) was that you could have almost any other air gun for the money. A cool (ish) AR compatible pistol is a nice to have but not for the same price as a RAW HM1000x. 

I got a Mutant Shorty and I remain convinced that there is no better short / woods walker 22 cal air gun at any price. The stock on the Mutants suck but you can buy a beautiful custom figured Walnut stock from Michal Osyda for one and still have a good chunk of change compared to a Warp. 

I guess it's easier for me though because I make my own custom stocks so I have two AR grip compatible Mutant stocks for when I feel like using something tactical. 

Let us know now what you decide. 
Almost impossible to reply to such BS
You must be one of those people who doesn't quite get the concept of a discussion forum where not everyone will agree with you.

No I get it I don't get your so called 50/50 numbers that only you threw PMs have access to and when I said 2 people you were 1 of them so you know where I stand. You Zebra said the same exact thing about the Flex should I find that post? And you try to picture WAR as bullies because you can't find your answers here. Look elsewhere there are lots of posts and feedback out there and 99% positive unlike your numbers you made up. Done preaching people just do your homework and look elsewhere for answers as these 2 have agendas like I stated before. Zebra have you actually ever even seen one or shot one NO you haven't! But BOY you certainly have and opinion about something you know nothing about. You young man are the one who has problems with people who don't agree with you at least I have personally shot both and own both enough said.

"balllistic"Anyone have one? Tossing the idea around getting one and tuning to ~30-35 ft lbs for 18.1gr JSBs for a compact easily transportable hunting/pesting rig 20-50yrds. Would like to know how quiet it is with the shroud fully extended with all baffles inserted, as in is it MRod quiet? Critters would be mostly grey & red squirrels, chipmunks, starlings and an occasional rabbit. I already have a .25 Daystate Air Wolf MCT Tactical with Huggett, so looking at .22 for higher shot count and stealth compared to .25. Thanks.

--"balllistic"

Thanks for the info TimTebow. It’s a little more $$ than the other guns on my short list (Mutant Standard & Shorty, Brocock Compatto) but would love to have a WARP as it’s made in the USA.

Nice to see it has the power and adjustability to take small pests all the way up to boar sized game in .22 while being super quiet.

--"balllistic"

Right now based on my research I'm leaning towards a Mutant Shorty with a black stock. 26-27FPE is fine for me, that's right where I have my Talon SS tuned with 18.1gr JSB Exact Jumbo Heavies. The stock is fine for its purpose, although I'd probably add a short rail section on the forestock for a bipod or handstop and would like to get it sent out for a Soft Touch finish (love Soft Touch on my Daystate Air Wolf MCT Tactical). 

I do a lot of my pesting from an interior mudroom door with the exterior door open, so the very short size for maneuverability is incredibly attractive as well the universal reports of how quiet and incredibly accurate it is.

Still haven't ruled out the WARP though. Taking my time to research.
In the interest of getting things back on topic:

1. Please see above.
2. If you have a WARP, feel free to comment.
3. If you have also owned a Mutant (Standard or Short) or Brocock Compatto, feel free to comment to give impressions and comparisons.
4. If you aren't a WARP owner, past or present, please refrain from commenting, especially if you have an agenda. 

Thanks in advance.

"TimTebow"I hope the original poster doesn't listen to these guys all be it 2 who repeatedly attack WAR on other forums and here also. Just call the man! Done listening to children bicker. I seen on GTA he would send it to you and you'd get a 100% refund if you didn't like it that to me says it all! He must believe in his products I know I do. This thread needs to be put back on topic In my opinion. And to put it back I'd like to say I've never shot a Mutant but read nothing but good things. My age has made shooting bullpups almost impossible as they are twitchy to me and that's why I sold my cricket. Bye the way the cricket is a fine shooter in the right hands you should look at their new offerings.

I'm quite certain you can point out all of my "WAR attacking", right? Do it via PM if you don't want to clog up thread. I have PERSONAL experience with BOTH the WAR Flex (which as you say is same powerplant as WARP) and the Mutant. Everything I have posted in reference to each is FACT. No ATTACKING, or BASHING
YOU have no experience with Mutant.

Name calling? What are you 12?