• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

WARNING!!! New Deadly species found this morning.

crowski

Dec 14, 2020
On, Canada
Had to give fair warning.
CDBF02F9-D86C-46CD-AE02-6F0F1F5DDA25.1622379706.jpeg
 10 times bigger than a regular Hummingbird. Hope their friendly. Crow 

I understand this is a joke. In my opinion not appropriate to joke about killing a beloved by tree huggers species, protected under the migratory bird act, with stiff penalties. This type of joke could be purposely misinterpreted by tree huger types reading our forums and used against us.

Might want to edit out "get your guns ready". And just let this thread be about a beautiful bird not usually found on hummingbird feeders.

That is a male, as the females red' head is only on the nape of their neck/top of head, not extending down to their forehead like males.

Just saying, the tree huggers are now at an all time high of an intensive push to restrict/stop all hunting. Talking about "get your guns ready" with a picture of a woodpecker wont help our cause in the hands of the wrong people. The wrong people wont appreciate the sarcasm...

That pic of the pecker on the HB feeder is great, thanks for posting it...

jmo

acs sorry done. Been feeding these critters for decades. Spent between $400-$500 on seed and suite this year alone. Tell the tree huggers that.

The reason was I had to bring guns into the post. I’ve never seen a Woodpecker drawing water from Hummingbird feeder, wanted to share.
Pretty sad the way humor is picked apart, even (Honeymooners-All in the family) for example. You’ll never see shows like them again. Pity.
Some people have to stop being so literal. Crow 

I understand this is a joke. In my opinion not appropriate to joke about killing a beloved by tree huggers species, protected under the migratory bird act, with stiff penalties. This type of joke could be purposely misinterpreted by tree huger types reading our forums and used against us.

Might want to edit out "get your guns ready". And just let this thread be about a beautiful bird not usually found on hummingbird feeders.

That is a male, as the females red' head is only on the nape of their neck/top of head, not extending down to their forehead like males.

Just saying, the tree huggers are now at an all time high of an intensive push to restrict/stop all hunting. Talking about "get your guns ready" with a picture of a woodpecker wont help our cause in the hands of the wrong people. The wrong people wont appreciate the sarcasm...

That pic of the pecker on the HB feeder is great, thanks for posting it...

jmo

acs, am I mistaken? I took this post as a joke. i thought he was talking about shooting the starlings that threaten R-b Woodpeckers, not the Woodpeckers

acs, am I mistaken? I took this post as a joke. i thought he was talking about shooting the starlings that threaten R-b Woodpeckers, not the Woodpeckers

No, you're not mistaken, I also took the original as a joke. My point was many in our country would be happy if we never got to load another pellet in our rifles, and positively never hunt again.

Extremist lobbyist groups continually use our own words, threads/actions/incidents/etc, that try to "prove' their point, trying to promote their legislation. We just don't need to give them ammo is all I'm saying....

Great pics of the peckers. Around here the hummers stop coming around after it warms up. Have lots of peckers here, but never on the hummer feeders. wonder if they actually drink the nectar...? What do you fill the hummer feeders with..?

Thanks for editing your thread like you did, I know you didn't have too...

jmo

Steroids. Again just kidding. Regular sugar and water, recipe of internet. 
I’m sitting 5 yds. for feeder, I have Bosch and Lomb Elite Glasses for viewing. if I was any closer we’d be having sex.
He’s been constantly on it for 3 days and absolutely he’s drinking when his head is back his tongue sticks out 3/4 -1 inch. Very cool to watch. 
Been feeding hummers for 30 yrs. never saw this. It started when I removed the suet. Crow

on it right now