• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

WARNING! DO NOT BUY THE HATSAN JET!!!

This is just a warning post for everyone to not buy the Hatsan Jet. By far the worst pcp I've ever seen. Gun came looking like it was a return or used item. Had tooling marks all down the barrel, was leaking oil from the receiver and was impossible to sight in. I chalked it up to being a one-off, but the replacement came in the same condition as the first. The top rail is just a faux rail. The picatinny are too small and the dovetail is too deep to mount ANYTHING correctly. When trying to mount on the top pic rail, the brittle plastic just crumbled. Upon contacting Kadden at HatsanUSA and explaining the situation and asking for a refund, I was immediately denied. I was told that "I" modified the gun (the broke off pieces of pic rail) and then they offered to repair at the rate of $50/hr. The repair would have cost more than a gun I don't want. Hatsan customer service has been horrendous. Poor manufacturing and even worse materials used to produce. The barrels are out of wack, the iron sights are unusable along with the top rail and they leak oil out of the box. If you plan on purchasing with the intent of using it as a platform to build your own gun, then you still have to consider the bad materials used to build it. That said, I'm stuck with a brand new gun that has broke off pic rails, leaks oil and will never sight in. A laser sight on the side rail is the only way to plink with it and Pellets are still highly erratic. Steer very clear of this one. If you are debating between jet2 or the Notos, it's the notos all day.

My Jet 1 barrel crown

Groups are all over the place.

The barrel was lose and drooping. I think I fixed that. But it clips pellets with any moderator I’ve tried

IMG_0339.jpeg

This is just a warning post for everyone to not buy the Hatsan Jet. By far the worst pcp I've ever seen. Gun came looking like it was a return or used item. Had tooling marks all down the barrel, was leaking oil from the receiver and was impossible to sight in. I chalked it up to being a one-off, but the replacement came in the same condition as the first. The top rail is just a faux rail. The picatinny are too small and the dovetail is too deep to mount ANYTHING correctly. When trying to mount on the top pic rail, the brittle plastic just crumbled. Upon contacting Kadden at HatsanUSA and explaining the situation and asking for a refund, I was immediately denied. I was told that "I" modified the gun (the broke off pieces of pic rail) and then they offered to repair at the rate of $50/hr. The repair would have cost more than a gun I don't want. Hatsan customer service has been horrendous. Poor manufacturing and even worse materials used to produce. The barrels are out of wack, the iron sights are unusable along with the top rail and they leak oil out of the box. If you plan on purchasing with the intent of using it as a platform to build your own gun, then you still have to consider the bad materials used to build it. That said, I'm stuck with a brand new gun that has broke off pic rails, leaks oil and will never sight in. A laser sight on the side rail is the only way to plink with it and Pellets are still highly erratic. Steer very clear of this one. If you are debating between jet2 or the Notos, it's the notos all day.
Thus I buy once cry once and only deal with mfgr’s with great warranties like Daystate or Brocock etc… rather pay up front and have the support I deserve

Thus I buy once cry once and only deal with mfgr’s with great warranties like Daystate or Brocock etc… rather pay up front and have the support I deserve
You are right. The one I wanted was the GK1.

Guess what I own now?

The GK1.. so I cried twice. lol

My Jet 1 barrel crown

The barrel was lose and drooping. I think I fixed that. But it clips pellets with any moderator I’ve tried

View attachment 463173
that crown looks awful, like the gun was stored outside and rusted and then wire brushed off.. hard to imagine it in a new working gun..
I wonder what kind of low grade steel that is.. I shortened the barrel on my notos and it turned out really good.. shoots tight groups..
I could recrown it in my lathe for you,if you want to pay the shipping.. but I honestly don't know if it is just a poor finish or really porus steel..
if you want me to recrown it, just PM me.. it's a hobby for me.. not a business.
Mark

My Jet 1 barrel crown

View attachment 463173

mine looked like that when i got it,
recrowned and it worked wonders.

the problem on the jet is,
not even the adapter for the moderator lines up with the barrel,
so no matter what you try it will clip.
and mine being .25 there was even less margin for error.

i had to sand the pseudo shroud,
and shim the bottom of the barrel to push it up,
then with the barrel off and the shroud in place,
i looked through the breech end and rotated the moderator till it had a straight path through.

it drills bullseyes now,
with a sightmark micro reflex sight on it,
no starlings in my yard have been missed since i fixed it lol

Post up some informative pics

Reactions: BABz58
mine looked like that when i got it,
recrowned and it worked wonders.

the problem on the jet is,
not even the adapter for the moderator lines up with the barrel,
so no matter what you try it will clip.
and mine being .25 there was even less margin for error.

i had to sand the pseudo shroud,
and shim the bottom of the barrel to push it up,
then with the barrel off and the shroud in place,
i looked through the breech end and rotated the moderator till it had a straight path through.

it drills bullseyes now,
with a sightmark micro reflex sight on it,
no starlings in my yard have been missed since i fixed it lol
Exactly what I was hoping to hear.

And yeah the barrel shroud is so deformed from the shape it should be. Causes the moderators to be misaligned.

I’m glad I got a screaming deal on mine. Kinda makes up for all the frustration trying to zero it in.

• Wow
Reactions: Firewalker
Exactly what I was hoping to hear.

And yeah the barrel shroud is so deformed from the shape it should be. Causes the moderators to be misaligned.

I’m glad I got a screaming deal on mine. Kinda makes up for all the frustration trying to zero it in.

If I had paid $50 for mine, I would have kept it to mod but it was almost as much as a Notos!

Reactions: HunterKillerBravo